Initial reactions and observations
- So, how much longer does Thomas Tuchel have left? How can he keep getting away with this? Bayern Munich have excuses after this performance. No one was good enough, and at some point the people in charge have to start questioning the coach.
- Harry Kane might as well be the sporting director now, because he’s clearly not involved with anything that happens on the pitch. Is Eric Dier the only player that Bayern will sign this winter? If so, then Christoph Freund should follow Tuchel out the door.
- After patting himself on the back for improving Sane by moving him to the left (a dubious claim) Tuchel moved him back to the right when he needed him to actually make a positive impact. The same goes for Musiala, who was moved to the wing when the team needed a goal. Tuchel clearly knows his team’s strengths but refuses to build around them. What is going on at this club?
Full time: Bayern Munich 0-1 Werder Bremen.
59’ —Goal. Mitchel Weiser makes it 1-0 to Bremen. Former Bayern Munich player too ...
45’ — The second half kicks off!
Halftime observations and analysis
- What an abysmal half of football, Thomas Tuchel is not cooking at all. Bayern Munich have looked clueless at the back and have zero ideas in attack.
- The U-shape is a constant under Tuchel. The team just passes sideways over and over around the opponent’s box, Harry Kane may as well not even exist.
- The referee has been blind to fouls today.
Halftime: Bayern Munich 0-0 Werder Bremen.
26’ — Goal for Bremen, but it’s ruled out by VAR as Musiala was fouled in the buildup.
24’ — Incredible save by Manuel Neuer! He is so good!
16’ — Joshua Kimmich gets a yellow card for a foul in midfield.
14’ — The game resumes.
10’ — The game has been stopped, the ultras have thrown chocolate coins on the pitch to protest the DFL investor deal.
Kickoff: We’re underway!
One hour until kickoff: We have lineups! Looks like Thomas Tuchel has opted for a single change from last week’s win over Hoffenheim, with Thomas Müller being benched for Kingsley Coman. Otherwise, Bayern Munich line up with an unchanged XI, including Raphaël Guerreiro playing over Leon Goretzka.
With Bayer Leverkusen absolutely refusing to lose a game, Bayern Munich need to keep winning to stay within catching distance of the league leaders.
Thomas Tuchel had his players whisked away to a training camp in Portugal last week, so the the little bit of rust we saw vs Hoffenheim should have worn out by now. Harry Kane will be joined by his buddy Eric Dier, but otherwise no new signings will take part in this game — mainly because Bayern haven’t made any. The rest of the lineup is expected to be the same as the one we saw vs Hoffenheim, with maybe Leon Goretzka returning to the XI.
It’s Bayern time.
Location: Allianz Arena, Munich, Germany
Time: 3:30 pm local time, 9:30 am EST
Tips for commenting:
- If you’re a new member, feel free to introduce yourself! We’re
mostlyvery friendly! Also, we’re from all parts of the world so don’t feel shy if you’re from a country that doesn’t seem represented on the blog.
- Use the on-screen “Refresh comments” button to periodically load new comments.
- Keep the sorting to “newest” to easily follow the conversation. It puts the newest comments at the top.
- Here at BFW we celebrate every goal like they do in the stadium: with a chant. The goal chants are for everyone to participate in! Even if you’re lagging behind the others, keep replying to the most recent call of the player’s name. Even if you missed the first call, just start from the second, and so on.
- While swearing is allowed within reason, please be polite to your fellow posters and avoid gratuitous obscenities. Racist, homophobic, and misogynistic language is not allowed whatsoever.
Check out our beginners thread if you have any more questions. That’s about it. Auf geht’s!
Looking for an unending well of Bayern Munich content? Sign up for an SBNation account and join the conversation on Bavarian Football Works. Whether it’s full match coverage and analysis, breaking news, podcasts or something completely different, we have it all.