The second semifinal of the FIFA 2023 Women’s World Cup is today! Who will punch the last ticket to the Final?
In one corner are the eminently lovable hosts. Australia overcame France in a wild penalty shootout in the quarters. Each side took ten penalties apiece, with Australia’s Cortnee Vine finally supplying the winner (7-6).
England, who boast Bayern Munich midfielder Georgia Stanway in the center of the pitch, beat Colombia 2-1 last time out despite being scored upon first. The defending EURO champions are within shouting distance now of claiming back-to-back titles.
- Australia vs. England | 6:00 AM EST
TV/Streaming: Fox/FS1 (US); NBC Universo/Peacock (US - Spanish); BBC/ITV (UK); Find Your Country
Excited about the world cup? Looking for your own national team jersey? Then why not check out Fanatics? 2023 USWNT jerseys, gear, and more! (Fanatics is a Vox affiliate. If you buy something from an SB Nation link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics statement.)
A look back to our Germany coverage from the tournament here:
Tips for commenting:
- If you’re a new member, feel free to introduce yourself! We’re
mostlyvery friendly! Also, we’re from all parts of the world so don’t feel shy if you’re from a country that doesn’t seem represented on the blog.
- If the comments section starts to slow down for you, just hit the refresh button and keep commenting. It’s not necessary to have the whole comments loaded at one time while you’re just casually following along.
- Keep the sorting to “newest” to easily follow the conversation. It puts the newest comments at the top.
- While swearing is allowed within reason, please be polite to your fellow posters and avoid gratuitous obscenities. Racist, homophobic, and misogynistic language is not allowed whatsoever.
Check out our beginners thread if you have any more questions. That’s about it. Auf geht’s!
Looking for an unending well of Bayern Munich content? Sign up for an SBNation account and join the conversation on Bavarian Football Works. Whether it’s full match coverage and analysis, breaking news, podcasts or something completely different, we have it all.
Interested in more World Cup talk? Hop over to our weekend warm-up podcast! This week we ponder Bayern prospect Paul Wanner’s Austria courtship, next steps for Benji Pavard, and what to expect from Germany at the tournament.
As always, we appreciate your support!