If the confidence of the Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund personnel in the Germany team wasn’t already low considering how the Bundesliga ended, Germany’s latest result did them no favors. In this podcast, Rayyan and Samrin discuss the 1-0 loss to Poland:
- The gap between Thilo Kehrer and Jonas Hofmann in the first half
- Rayyan’s deeper look at Germany’s setup today
- How Joshua Kimmich is impacted when Germany’s back three is narrow
- Whether Kimmich fits better in a back three or back four
- What Kimmich’s best position is for Germany
- Some headscratchers such as Kai Havertz up front
- Another headscratcher in Niclas Füllkrug’s exclusion from the start
- Some regrets from the World Cup, especially in line-up decisions
- Is Hansi Flick’s job safe?
- What does Thilo Kehrer add to this team?
- Are there any answers to Germany’s fullback problems?
- The confusion in midfield with a focus on Jamal Musiala, Florian Wirtz and later, Leroy Sané
- Is Julian Nagelsmann an option for Germany? Is he the answer for Germany much like Flick was for Bayern?
Be sure to stay tuned to Bavarian Podcast Works for all of your up to date coverage on Bayern Munich and Germany. Follow us on Twitter @BavarianFBWorks, @TheBarrelBlog, @tommyadams71, @bfwinnn, and more.