Bayern Munich capped off their second win in a row against VfB Stuttgart in what was a solid showing by the visitors, who were constantly tested by the hosts’ grit and energy. The first half in particular was completely Bayern after an initial spell that looked concerning for the Bavarians, with Bruno Labbadia’s side throwing everything and the kitchen sink at them.
However, Julian Nagelsmann’s side was able to hold the fort down defensively and fashion a goal in the first half courtesy of Matthijs de Ligt, after which everything was going on cruise control up until a nervy 10 minutes in the end. But yes, it sure seems like “DrawLsmann” is out of his rut of “Draws” and “Ls” and getting the wins out; some pretty, some ugly.
But a win is a win.
However, some players continue to frustrate, particularly a couple from Bayern’s contingent of second-half substitutes. Not going to give too much away here, since I’d rather you enjoy my scathing criticisms in the podcast :)
Here are the major talking points:
- The tactics of both sides as the game progressed
- Lineups and formations
- The solid defending, and de Ligt’s rise as Bayern’s defensive leader
- Davies and Josip Stanisic with a solid game
- Midfield not up to snuff, but not too shabby either
- M&M’s attacking prowess, and some mandatory Müller propaganda
- Why Kingsley Coman and Jamal Musiala should start over the other wingers
- Sané’s nonchalant attitude and why he makes my blood boil
- Why Serge Gnabry is the most inconsistent player in world football
- Should Bayern Munich ship these two out?
- A Q$G preview teaser
Be sure to stay tuned to Bavarian Podcast Works for all of your up to date coverage on Bayern Munich and Germany. Follow us on Twitter @BavarianFBWorks, @TheBarrelBlog, @tommyadams71, @bfwinnn, and more.