Yes, we are a Bayern Munich podcast, but after the latest humiliation we simply have to focus on Germany this week. Losing 3-2 to a Turkish B-team is a new low, and we’re only three games into the Julian Nagelsmann era. Where was the free flowing football? The attacking concept? The tactical philosophy? It seems like the coach has fallen into the experimentation trap he experienced at Bayern Munich, where he didn’t know when to stop tinkering.
In this episode, INNN and Samrin discuss the following:
- What was Julian Nagelsmann thinking with THAT lineup? Kai Havertz at left-back, really?
- Everything that went wrong for Germany, from offense to defense, the midfield, and individual performances.
- Why do coaches keep making the same mistakes when taking over the at the DFB?
- The curious case of İlkay Gündoğan and the major issue with Joshua Kimmich.
- The problem with Germany that no one seems to talk about — a culture of mediocrity and assumptions.
- Where does Nagelsmann go from here?
- What will happen at the Euros?
- A token amount of Bayern Munich discussion — what is going on with Alphonso Davies? Will he go to Real Madrid?
- Why losing Davies would be devastating to Bayern in the long term.
Be sure to stay tuned to Bavarian Podcast Works for all of your up to date coverage on Bayern Munich and Germany. Follow us on Twitter @BavarianFBWorks, @TheBarrelBlog, @tommyadams71, @bfwinnn, and more.