Initial reactions and observations
- Subbing off Thomas Muller killed that game. It’s hard to see why Nagelsmann keeps doing that when Muller is so important to the Bayern Munich system.
- Robert Lewandowski bows out with one final league goal. Best of luck in Barcelona, I guess.
- The defense remains a tragedy. Bayern have conceded only 7 fewer goals than last season and that was called an absolute catastrophe at the time. When will it end? Will Neuer ever get another clean sheet?
- Serge Gnabry should be grateful he got a contract offer. Selling him would be so much better for Bayern.
- Now that Stuttgart are staying up, signing Sasa Kalajdzic just got more expensive.
Full time: Bayern draw 2-2. Another game without a win.
80’ — Subs: 10 minutes left, and we have Fruchtl, Omar Richards, and Gabriel Vidovic on!
70’ — Not looking great out there. Why did Muller get subbed off? Sane is on at least, let’s hope he does something.
58’ — Goal. Kruse scores. Poor defending again. Ugh.
45’ — The second half is underway!
Halftime observations and analysis
- Wolfsburg should be down to 10 men for Nmecha’s challenges on Hernandez and Upamecano.
- Bayern Munich just cannot keep a clean sheet this season.
- One last combo goal for Robert Lewandowski and Thomas Muller. What a shame this pairing is being broken up.
- Gnabry is still Gnabrying it up. Not a consistent bone in this dude’s body.
- Musiala and Stanisic, meanwhile, have been great. Good game from the two youngsters so far.
Halftime: Bayern leading 2-1.
44’ — Goal. Wolfsburg get one back right before HT. Damn.
40’ — GOAL! Lewandowski scores from a Muller cross. Sublime service. We’ll miss this.
23’ — GOAL! Excellent team move by Musiala and Muller. Musiala sends it wide who passes it to Muller, and he passes it back for a goal!
Ugh, and it’s ruled out for offside. Damn.
16’ — GOAL! Josip Stanisic scores from a Kimmich corner! Excellent header!
Kickoff: We’re underway in Wolfsburg! This could be Lewandowski’s last ever game for the club.
One hour until kickoff: We have lineups! Nagelsmann opts to start both Jamal Musiala and Josip Stanisic!
Die letzte Aufstellung in dieser Saison! ⚪️#Packmas, Männer! #WOBFCB #MiaSanMia pic.twitter.com/3PKcUNLZ4D— FC Bayern München (@FCBayern) May 14, 2022
Only one more game left. With the title secure, there’s nothing but pride left to play for. And for some players, like Robert Lewandowski and Serge Gnabry, this could be their last ever game for Bayern Munich. We hope they’ll stay, but this could be our last time to enjoy their performances in Bayern red. So watch this game.
It’s Bayern time.
While you’re waiting for the game, why not check out our preview podcast? Listen to it below or at this link.
Location: Volkswagen Arena, Wolfsburg, Germany
Time: 3:30 pm local time, 9:30 am EST
TV/streaming: ESPN+, Find Your Country
Tips for commenting:
- If you’re a new member, feel free to introduce yourself! We’re
mostlyvery friendly! Also, we’re from all parts of the world so don’t feel shy if you’re from a country that doesn’t seem represented on the blog.
- If the comments section starts to slow down for you, just hit the refresh button and keep commenting. It’s not necessary to have the whole comments loaded at one time while you’re just casually following along.
- Keep the sorting to “newest” to easily follow the conversation. It puts the newest comments at the top.
- Here at BFW we celebrate every goal like they do in the stadium: with a chant. The goal chants are for everyone to participate in! Even if you’re lagging behind the others, keep replying to the most recent call of the player’s name. Even if you missed the first call, just start from the second, and so on.
- While swearing is allowed within reason, please be polite to your fellow posters and avoid gratuitous obscenities. Racist, homophobic, and misogynistic language is not allowed whatsoever.
Check out our beginners thread if you have any more questions. That’s about it. Auf geht’s!
Looking for an unending well of Bayern Munich content? Sign up for an SBNation account and join the conversation on Bavarian Football Works. Whether it’s full match coverage and analysis, breaking news, podcasts or something completely different, we have it all.