Update 3:10PM EST
Sport1 has provided an update and here is the breakdown:
- Noussair Mazraoui told Bayern Munich today that he wanted to join the club.
- Sporting director Hasan “Brazzo” Salihimadzic, CEO Oliver Kahn, and technical director Neppe were all very impressed with meeting Mazraoui in person.
- The final details on a contract are still being finalized (Mazraoui would be a free transfer).
- Julian Nagelsmann is very excited to get Mazraoui.
- Mazraoui’s salary would be roughly €10 million gross.
Update 12:15PM EST
Transfer wizard Fabrizio Romano confirmed that Bayern Munich’s brass met with Mino Raiola in Monaco today regarding Ajax teammates Noussair Mazraoui and Ryan Gravenberch:
Bayern board had a direct meeting today in Monaco with Mino Raiola. Bayern are closing on both Ryan Gravenberch and Noussair Mazraoui as new signings for next season #FCBayern— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) April 7, 2022
Final details to be discussed in the coming days but both players are really close to join Bayern. pic.twitter.com/KdbajOmXbT
According to Italian journalist Alfredo Pedulla, Bayern Munich has shrugged off competition from FC Barcelona to ink Ajax right-back Noussair Mazraoui to a deal.
In his report, Pedulla states that Mazraoui will earn approximately €8 million per season on a multi-year deal. That would net Mazraoui roughly €4 million per season:
Bayern always plays in advance and has practically closed two deals. Noussair Mazraoui and Ryan Gravenberch, both from Ajax: the 1997 Moroccan-born right-back for free; the midfielder expiring in 2023 after a negotiation that is now at the details.
For Mazraoui, long followed by Barcelona, there is a total agreement, we can give you the details: 4 million per season plus bonuses for a multi-year commitment. The back story is that Barcelona had taken the lead for a few weeks, but then Bayern has raised its offer definitively beating the competition.
If true, Mazraoui would fill a key void in Bayern Munich’s squad for next season at right-back/right wing-back.