Initial reactions and observations
- Dour game from Bayern Munich, despite the 3-0 win. The energy was missing. Looks like the Villarreal loss is still weighing heavily on their minds.
- How is Jamal Musiala still not a starter yet? He should’ve been made one ages ago.
- Robert Lewandowski was once again robbed of service in the second half. If Bielefeld can do it, then it’s on the coach.
Full time: Bayern win 3-0!
84’ — GOAL! Musiala makes it 3-0.
45’ — Second half kicks off!
Halftime: Bayern lead 2-0.
45’ + 7’ — GOAL! Serge Gnabry gets a goal after a tough game so far. Finally.
43’ — Not great defending there, but Bayern are saved by the flag.
11’ — GOAL! The VAR gives it! Unfortunately, looks like it’s been credited officially as an own goal. Would’ve been nice to have a Lewy goal and Davies assist.
10’ — Bayern get the ball in the net, but it’s ruled offside. Would’ve been a nice assist for Davies.
Kickoff: We’re underway!
One hour until kickoff: We have lineups! Here’s what it looks like:
This part of the season really sucks. The Bundesliga is still left to win, but for Bayern Munich fans it often feels like the entire thing wraps up when the team gets knocked out of the Champions League. There isn’t even a DFB Pokal final to look forward to.
The players must be feeling much the same way — Tuesday’s disappointment will be weighing heavily on them. But until the Bundesliga is mathematically won, they need to keep performing and bring the 10th consecutive Meisterschale home. Julian Nagelsmann for his part, needs to rally his troops.
It’s Bayern time.
Location: Allianz Arena, Munich, Germany
Time: 3:30 pm local time, 9:30 am EST
Tips for commenting:
- If you’re a new member, feel free to introduce yourself! We’re
mostlyvery friendly! Also, we’re from all parts of the world so don’t feel shy if you’re from a country that doesn’t seem represented on the blog.
- If the comments section starts to slow down for you, just hit the refresh button and keep commenting. It’s not necessary to have the whole comments loaded at one time while you’re just casually following along.
- Keep the sorting to “newest” to easily follow the conversation. It puts the newest comments at the top.
- Here at BFW we celebrate every goal like they do in the stadium: with a chant. The goal chants are for everyone to participate in! Even if you’re lagging behind the others, keep replying to the most recent call of the player’s name. Even if you missed the first call, just start from the second, and so on.
- While swearing is allowed within reason, please be polite to your fellow posters and avoid gratuitous obscenities. Racist, homophobic, and misogynistic language is not allowed whatsoever.
Check out our beginners thread if you have any more questions. That’s about it. Auf geht’s!
Looking for an unending well of Bayern Munich content? Sign up for an SBNation account and join the conversation on Bavarian Football Works. Whether it’s full match coverage and analysis, breaking news, podcasts or something completely different, we have it all.