FT: Villarreal managed to tie in the 88th minute, knocking Bayern out of the Champions League.
82’ — Bayern sub: Gnabry on for Musiala.
52’ — Goal! Lewandowski makes it 1-0.
45’ — The second half kicks off!
Halftime: What a frustrating half. Bayern have the ball and good pressure; however, their finishing has been awful. 8 shots, 1 on target, that says it all.
30’ — 30 minutes in. Bayern have the ball. They also have mediocre crosses.
Kickoff: We are underway at the Allianz Arena!
One hour until kickoff: We have lineups! Looks like Nagelsmann is back to his usual habits, opting to start Bayern Munich in a back-three setup with what looks like Coman and Sane as wingbacks. Jamal Musiala is also in the squad, so hyper-offensive it is. Well we do need goals, let’s hope it works.
No excuses tonight. If Bayern Munich cannot perform against Villarreal, then they WILL be dumped out of the Champions League. The odds are against the team — it has been over SEVEN years since Bayern came back to win a UCL knockout tie after losing the first leg. However, the team is mostly fit and determined to make the comeback, so as fans we have no choice but to believe in them.
Julian Nagelsmann needs to figure out his tactics. His offense has been floundering in recent games, with Robert Lewandowski and Thomas Muller almost completely sidelined in attack. A last-minute penalty was the decider against Augsburg on the weekend, which is not acceptable for a team of Bayern’s caliber. Players like Leroy Sane, Serge Gnabry, and Joshua Kimmich need to step up big time. This is a game that could make-or-break the season.
It’s Bayern time.
Location: Allianz Arena, Munich, Germany
Time: 9:00 pm local time, 3:00 pm EST
Tips for commenting:
- If you’re a new member, feel free to introduce yourself! We’re
mostlyvery friendly! Also, we’re from all parts of the world so don’t feel shy if you’re from a country that doesn’t seem represented on the blog.
- If the comments section starts to slow down for you, just hit the refresh button and keep commenting. It’s not necessary to have the whole comments loaded at one time while you’re just casually following along.
- Keep the sorting to “newest” to easily follow the conversation. It puts the newest comments at the top.
- Here at BFW we celebrate every goal like they do in the stadium: with a chant. The goal chants are for everyone to participate in! Even if you’re lagging behind the others, keep replying to the most recent call of the player’s name. Even if you missed the first call, just start from the second, and so on.
- While swearing is allowed within reason, please be polite to your fellow posters and avoid gratuitous obscenities. Racist, homophobic, and misogynistic language is not allowed whatsoever.
Check out our beginners thread if you have any more questions. That’s about it. Auf geht’s!
Looking for an unending well of Bayern Munich content? Sign up for an SBNation account and join the conversation on Bavarian Football Works. Whether it’s full match coverage and analysis, breaking news, podcasts or something completely different, we have it all.