Update: 9:00AM EST
Julian Nagelsmann confirmed that Niklas Süle, Corentin Tolisso, Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting and Bouna Sarr would all miss the Villarreal match during his press conference earlier today:
️ @J__Nagelsmann on the squad: "Süle is ill, and will be out for another four days. He has Influenza A, which is very bitter news for him and us. He won't be available. The same goes for @CorentinTolisso, Choupo-Moting and @BounaSarr_10. Everyone else is fit."#packmas #FCBVCF pic.twitter.com/xJqDtz1wtw— FC Bayern English (@FCBayernEN) April 11, 2022
Bayern Munich will square off against Villarreal in the Champions League on Tuesday and will be missing a few players. Here is the latest information on where some Bavarians stand ahead of the UCL clash:
- Lucas Hernandez: The defender missed Saturday’s match against FC Augsburg with a bruised thigh, but will be ready to go against Villarreal.
- Niklas Süle: The Germany international has the flu and is likely going to miss the contest. Hernandez is expected to start next to Dayot Upamecano at center-back, where Süle’s presence will be missed.
- Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting: The back-up striker has kicked COVID-19, but is battling a knee injury.
- Bouna Sarr: The defender is suffering from patella issue and will miss the match.
- Corentin Tolisso: With a four-week estimate on his recovery time from his latest injury (hamstring), Tolisso may have already suited up for the final time in Munich.
Niklas Süle, Corentin Tolisso, Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting and Bouna Sarr did not train with the team today. There could be further updates after Julian Nagelsmann’s press conference later today.