Full Time: Paris Saint-Germain 2-2 (4-3) Bayern Munich
What a performance from Bayern. They battled for 120 minutes and nearly pulled off a remarkable win. Incredibly proud of this team.
112’- Goal PSG. :(((((((( Bachmann scores for PSG to equalize 2-2 and take the 4-3 aggregate lead.
105’- Fifteen minutes left before penalties.
91’- The first period of extra time has kicked off.
FULL TIME: Paris Saint-Germain 1-2 (3-3) Bayern Munich
What a 90 minutes from Bayern. These players are gassed, but they refuse to quit on each other. The match now heads to extra time — no away goals.
60’- The goal was awarded to Lea Schüller on the deflection. Thirty minutes left. All level.
55’- GOAL FC BAYERN! Klara Bühl equalizes from outside the box after a deflection. Bayern are up 2-1 on the day and have equalized 3-3 on aggregate. What a performance!
46’- Second half is underway.
Halftime: Paris Saint-Germain 1-1 (3-2) Bayern Munich
Bayern put up a hell of a fight in the first half, and quite frankly, they outplayed PSG for the majority of things. The second half is going to be a battle as tired legs take over Bayern. They were missing twelve players at the weekend against Essen, and those same twelve are gone today. Can they find at least one more before PSG’s fresher legs kick in?
19’- GOAL FC BAYERN! A set piece in the box falls to Kumagai who puts it into the back of the net to equalize for Bayern at 1-1. It’s now 3-2 PSG on aggregate.
18’- Goal PSG. Sandy Baltimore lifts a cross into the box into the far corner, and Leitzig mistimes her jump and flaps at the ball as it ends up in the back of the net. 1-0 PSG.
1- We’re underway in Paris, and here are the lineups.
If Bayern Munich want to advance to the Semifinals of the UEFA Women’s Champions League, they’ve got the deck stacked against them heading into today’s second leg. The Bavarians played well in the first leg and were extremely unlucky to lose 1-2 to Paris Saint-Germain. Now, Bayern will have to turn things around with a depleted squad on the road.
Bayern will be short TWELVE players in the second leg. Linda Dallmann, Jovana Damnjanović, Franziska Kett, Karólína Lea Vilhjálmsdóttir, Carina Wenninger, Sarah Zadrazil and Maximiliane Rall are out due to testing positive for COVID. Viviane Asseyi will be missing due to a yellow-card suspension. Laura Benkarth, Ivana Rudelić, Marina Hegering and Maria Luisa Grohs are also all still missing due to long-term injuries.
“I still have a good feeling. We’ll field a good team,” head coach Jens Scheuer said. “I’m looking forward to the game.
Do or die. Go big or go home.
It’s Bayern time.
Location: Parc des Princes, Paris, France
Time: 9:00 pm local time, 3:00 pm EDT
Tips for commenting:
- If you’re a new member, feel free to introduce yourself! We’re
mostlyvery friendly! Also, we’re from all parts of the world so don’t feel shy if you’re from a country that doesn’t seem represented on the blog.
- If the comments section starts to slow down for you, just hit the refresh button and keep commenting. It’s not necessary to have the whole comments loaded at one time while you’re just casually following along.
- Keep the sorting to “newest” to easily follow the conversation. It puts the newest comments at the top.
- Here at BFW we celebrate every goal like they do in the stadium: with a chant. The goal chants are for everyone to participate in! Even if you’re lagging behind the others, keep replying to the most recent call of the player’s name. Even if you missed the first call, just start from the second, and so on.
- While swearing is allowed within reason, please be polite to your fellow posters and avoid gratuitous obscenities. Racist, homophobic, and misogynistic language is not allowed whatsoever.
Check out our beginners thread if you have any more questions. That’s about it. Auf geht’s!
Looking for an unending well of Bayern Munich content? Sign up for an SBNation account and join the conversation on Bavarian Football Works. Whether it’s full match coverage and analysis, breaking news, podcasts or something completely different, we have it all.