The Round of 16 is over and the top eight clubs in Europe have progressed to the quarter-finals of the UEFA Champions League. Bayern Munich are one of these teams, and we are here to watch another cringeworthy ceremony to find out who we’ll face in the next round of the competition.
There’s no seeding this time, just a simple drawing system. The semi-final draw will take place at the same time as the quarter-final draw, so all the teams will know their path to the final after today. The draw participants are as follows:
As you can see, it’s mostly an English and Spanish affair, with the survivors of Group E (Benfica and Bayern) adding some diversity. The last time UEFA did one of these draws, they made a huge blunder which caused it to get annulled and redone. Let’s hope the whole process goes smoother this time, and Bayern gets a decent opponent.
Location: UEFA Headquarters, Nyon, Switzerland
Time: 12:00 CET
Tips for commenting:
- If you’re a new member, feel free to introduce yourself! We’re
mostlyvery friendly! Also, we’re from all parts of the world so don’t feel shy if you’re from a country that doesn’t seem represented on the blog.
- If the comments section starts to slow down for you, just hit the refresh button and keep commenting. It’s not necessary to have the whole comments loaded at one time while you’re just casually following along.
- Keep the sorting to “newest” to easily follow the conversation. It puts the newest comments at the top.
- Here at BFW we celebrate every goal like they do in the stadium: with a chant. The goal chants are for everyone to participate in! Even if you’re lagging behind the others, keep replying to the most recent call of the player’s name. Even if you missed the first call, just start from the second, and so on.
- While swearing is allowed within reason, please be polite to your fellow posters and avoid gratuitous obscenities. Racist, homophobic, and misogynistic language is not allowed whatsoever.
Check out our beginners thread if you have any more questions. That’s about it. Auf geht’s!
Looking for an unending well of Bayern Munich content? Sign up for an SBNation account and join the conversation on Bavarian Football Works. Whether it’s full match coverage and analysis, breaking news, podcasts or something completely different, we have it all.