Bayern Munich have finally played a good game! Shockingly, the performance came against Eintracht Frankfurt away, a fixture which has given the Bavarians some significant issues in the past. With multiple players including Thomas Muller still out, this could’ve been a chance for the Eagles to smash and grab three points from the Rekordmeister. Bayern didn’t let that happen though, and even managed to get a clean sheet for their efforts.
Here are our talking points from the game:
- What was the formation Nagelsmann used today? Was it a 4-2-3-1 or something else?
- The paradoxical nature of the defense today — setup vs performance.
- A full midfield review, including Joshua Kimmich’s great game and a potential future between him and Musiala in a pivot.
- So it turns out you don’t need 20 attackers to create chances. Who knew?
- Robert Lewandowski’s role compared to usual + Kingsley Coman and Leroy Sane as attackers.
- How Julian Nagelsmann can build on this performance in the coming games.
- Why an unglamorous win was a step in the right direction for Bayern Munich.
As always, we love your feedback and appreciate all the support!
Be sure to stay tuned to Bavarian Podcast Works for all of your up to date coverage on Bayern Munich and Germany. Follow us on Twitter @BavarianFBWorks, @jeffersonfenner, @TheBarrelBlog, @tommyadams71, @bfwinnn, and more.