The Chaaaaaaaampionnnnssssssss!!!!! Yes, the UCL is back, and I can already hear the anthem. Bayern Munich is going to face a talented RB Salzburg side, and unless the lineup is legit, it is going to get exposed by Salzburg’s attack, which features players Bayern has been linked to in the past - Karim Adeyemi and Brenden Aaronson. With Goretzka, Neuer, Davies, and Musiala all out, Nagelsmann definitely faces a tricky challenge and needs to make the right choices in both defense and midfield to churn out a victory.
The game against Bochum was one to forget, and consolidating a spot in the top 8 of the UCL with a dominant, resounding victory against Salzburg in the first leg could do a lot to make amends and help us quickly forget that disaster class. The stage has been set. We roll.
Here are the main talking points of the podcast:
- Salzburg’s form heading into the game
- Nagelsmann’s tactics, formation, and what needs tweaking
- A look at some of the talented Salzburg players and potential game-changers
- The defensive conundrum, and possible picks for selection
- Bayern lineup predictions
- Some Gnabry and Upamecano criticism
- A final scoreline prediction
As always, we love your feedback and appreciate all the support!
Be sure to stay tuned to Bavarian Podcast Works for all of your up to date coverage on Bayern Munich and Germany. Follow us on Twitter @BavarianFBWorks, @jeffersonfenner, @TheBarrelBlog, @tommyadams71, @bfwinnn, and more.