The FIFA 2022 Men’s World Cup is upon us. Follow along the day-by-day action in each day’s game thread — even when Germany aren’t playing.
- Group G: Serbia vs Switzerland | 2PM EST
- Group G: Cameroon vs Brazil | 2PM EST
- Group H: Republic of Korea vs Portugal | 10AM EST
- Group H: Ghana vs Uruguay | 10AM EST
Serbia, what have you done? My favorite of the trendy darkhorse picks in this tournament are languishing bottom of Group G. They’ll be depending on Brazil to take care of business against a Cameroon team headlined by Bayern Munich’s Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting...and on top of that they’ll have to solve a tricky Switzerland side that didn’t make it easy for the Seleção.
The Group H matchups should make for a tense finish. Can Tottenham Hotspur star Son Heung-min help his side grab a win off Portugal? If so, that complicates the picture for Liverpool’s Darwin Núñez and Uruguay, as even a win over Ghana might not be enough. Ghana have been underestimated this tournament but stand with a great chance of advancing if they can hold strong against Urugauay’s many talented forwards.
TV/Streaming: Peacock Premium (USA, en español); BBC/ITV (UK); Find Your Country
If you’d like to check back on our pre-tournament predictions and have a laugh about how badly we got it wrong, we’ve got you covered:
Groups A & B | Groups C & D | Groups E & F | Groups G & H
Tips for commenting:
- If you’re a new member, feel free to introduce yourself! We’re
mostlyvery friendly! Also, we’re from all parts of the world so don’t feel shy if you’re from a country that doesn’t seem represented on the blog.
- If the comments section starts to slow down for you, just hit the refresh button and keep commenting. It’s not necessary to have the whole comments loaded at one time while you’re just casually following along.
- Keep the sorting to “newest” to easily follow the conversation. It puts the newest comments at the top.
- While swearing is allowed within reason, please be polite to your fellow posters and avoid gratuitous obscenities. Racist, homophobic, and misogynistic language is not allowed whatsoever.
Check out our beginners thread if you have any more questions. That’s about it. Auf geht’s!
Looking for an unending well of Bayern Munich content? Sign up for an SBNation account and join the conversation on Bavarian Football Works. Whether it’s full match coverage and analysis, breaking news, podcasts or something completely different, we have it all.
Interested in more World Cup talk? Hop over to our weekend warm-up podcast! This week we ponder Bayern prospect Paul Wanner’s Austria courtship, next steps for Benji Pavard, and what to expect from Germany at the tournament.
As always, we appreciate your support!