The FIFA 2022 Men’s World Cup is wrapping up. Today we’ve got Croatia taking on Morocco in a battle for third place.
This might be a chance to see Bayern Munich defender Josip Stanišić in action, with starting right-back Josip Juranović of Celtic ailing. For Morocco, the starters who have logged a lot of minutes might now all be at the end of the line. If Noussair Mazraoui plays, here’s hoping he doesn’t get hurt.
And of course, there’s some transfer intrigue as well — both keepers, Dominik Livaković of Croatia and Morocco’s Yassine “Bono” Bounou — have been at one point tipped to replace Bayern’s injured Manuel Neuer, though the rumor mill is churning fast at this point.
Dec 17: Third place play-off
- Croatia vs Morocco | 10AM EST
If you’d like to check back on our pre-tournament predictions and have a laugh about how badly we got it wrong, we’ve got you covered:
Tips for commenting:
- If you’re a new member, feel free to introduce yourself! We’re
mostlyvery friendly! Also, we’re from all parts of the world so don’t feel shy if you’re from a country that doesn’t seem represented on the blog.
- If the comments section starts to slow down for you, just hit the refresh button and keep commenting. It’s not necessary to have the whole comments loaded at one time while you’re just casually following along.
- Keep the sorting to “newest” to easily follow the conversation. It puts the newest comments at the top.
- While swearing is allowed within reason, please be polite to your fellow posters and avoid gratuitous obscenities. Racist, homophobic, and misogynistic language is not allowed whatsoever.
Check out our beginners thread if you have any more questions. That’s about it. Auf geht’s!
Looking for an unending well of Bayern Munich content? Sign up for an SBNation account and join the conversation on Bavarian Football Works. Whether it’s full match coverage and analysis, breaking news, podcasts or something completely different, we have it all.
Interested in more World Cup talk? Hop over to our weekend warm-up podcast! This week we ponder Bayern prospect Paul Wanner’s Austria courtship, next steps for Benji Pavard, and what to expect from Germany at the tournament.
As always, we appreciate your support!