Initial reactions and observations
- While the scoreline shows a dominant win, Bayern Munich really made hard work of it for the first 65 minutes or so. Coach Strauss’ side were uncharacteristically wasteful in front of goal, guilty of poor decisions and one too many offsides. Rosengård could’ve been dispatched much earlier than they were in the end.
- A fine performance from Georgia Stanway with the goal and assist. She seemed like the only Bayern player willing to take a chance in front of goal.
- Rosengård were very nice to practically never shoot on target. Despite a shaky defense in front of her, Mala Grohs practically had nothing to do.
89’ — GOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL! Landenberger makes it 4-0 with an incredible long range effort!
72’ — GOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL! Georgia Stanway slots it past the keeper.
65’ — GOOOOOOOOOOAL! Sydney Lohmann makes it 2-0 to Bayern.
55’ — Sub: Lina Magull is subbed off with a sudden injury. Kett comes on for her.
45’ — The second half kicks off!
Halftime: Bayern Munich lead 1-0 at half time.
38’ — GOOOOOOAL! Tainara heads it in from a corner! 1-0 to Bayern.
30’ — We’re still scoreless. Bayern have had the better chances, but seem unable to capitalize.
Kickoff: We’re underway!
The FC Bayern Frauen are ending the year on a bit of a tear. After — let’s face it — completely destroying FC Barcelona last week, there’s a new spring in everybody’s step. Now they face FC Rosengård, the Swedish side who currently have no points in the Champions League group.
Lineups for today:
The last time these two teams met, Bayern Munich won, but not so convincingly — to say the least. This time around, Klara Bühl & co. will be hoping to bring their shooting boots. Barcelona have +12 in goal differential on the Bavarians in this group. No sweat, right? Fortunately, second place will still be good enough to qualify — but with Benfica nipping at their heels, a win will be absolutely required.
As usual for UWCL action, DAZN will be streaming this one live on YouTube. Watch it below and follow along with us in the game thread!
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Time: Dec 15th, 2:45PM EST
Tips for commenting:
- If you’re a new member, feel free to introduce yourself! We’re
mostlyvery friendly! Also, we’re from all parts of the world so don’t feel shy if you’re from a country that doesn’t seem represented on the blog.
- If the comments section starts to slow down for you, just hit the refresh button and keep commenting. It’s not necessary to have the whole comments loaded at one time while you’re just casually following along.
- Keep the sorting to “newest” to easily follow the conversation. It puts the newest comments at the top.
- Here at BFW we celebrate every goal like they do in the stadium: with a chant. The goal chants are for everyone to participate in! Even if you’re lagging behind the others, keep replying to the most recent call of the player’s name. Even if you missed the first call, just start from the second, and so on.
- While swearing is allowed within reason, please be polite to your fellow posters and avoid gratuitous obscenities. Racist, homophobic, and misogynistic language is not allowed whatsoever.
Check out our beginners thread if you have any more questions. That’s about it. Auf geht’s!
Looking for an unending well of Bayern Munich content? Sign up for an SBNation account and join the conversation on Bavarian Football Works. Whether it’s full match coverage and analysis, breaking news, podcasts or something completely different, we have it all.