The FIFA 2022 Men’s World Cup is upon us. Follow along the day-by-day action in each day’s game thread. Stay tuned for our separate Germany gamethread later in the day.
- Group E: Costa Rica vs Germany | 2PM EST
- Group E: Japan vs Spain | 2PM EST
- Group F: Croatia vs Belgium | 10AM EST
- Group F: Canada vs Morocco | 10AM EST
Canada are out, so this is the curtain call for Bayern Munich’s Alphonso Davies. Other than that, everything is still in play. Belgium might just get out of this group after all, but look for Croatia to give absolutely everything. Their aging golden generation, headlined by Real Madrid’s Luka Modrić, have looked in far better shape than Belgium’s so far. Will Manchester City’s Kevin de Bruyne manage to get a word in?
Germany — knock on wood — are in a favorable position. But we all know what happened last time around in 2018. Meanwhile, some neutrals will be hoping that both Germany and Luis Enrique’s Spain team somehow finish bottom in this group. That would deprive the tournament of its two best managers, however, as well as a boatload of the game’s exciting young stars — Jamal Musiala and FC Barcelona’s Pedri and Gavi among them.
TV/Streaming: Peacock Premium (USA, en español); BBC/ITV (UK); Find Your Country
If you’d like to check back on our pre-tournament predictions and have a laugh about how badly we got it wrong, we’ve got you covered:
Groups A & B | Groups C & D | Groups E & F | Groups G & H
Tips for commenting:
- If you’re a new member, feel free to introduce yourself! We’re
mostlyvery friendly! Also, we’re from all parts of the world so don’t feel shy if you’re from a country that doesn’t seem represented on the blog.
- If the comments section starts to slow down for you, just hit the refresh button and keep commenting. It’s not necessary to have the whole comments loaded at one time while you’re just casually following along.
- Keep the sorting to “newest” to easily follow the conversation. It puts the newest comments at the top.
- While swearing is allowed within reason, please be polite to your fellow posters and avoid gratuitous obscenities. Racist, homophobic, and misogynistic language is not allowed whatsoever.
Check out our beginners thread if you have any more questions. That’s about it. Auf geht’s!
Looking for an unending well of Bayern Munich content? Sign up for an SBNation account and join the conversation on Bavarian Football Works. Whether it’s full match coverage and analysis, breaking news, podcasts or something completely different, we have it all.
Interested in more World Cup talk? Hop over to our weekend warm-up podcast! This week we ponder Bayern prospect Paul Wanner’s Austria courtship, next steps for Benji Pavard, and what to expect from Germany at the tournament.
As always, we appreciate your support!