The last time UEFA attempted to organize a Round of 16 draw for the Champions League, they made such a mess of it that it had to be redone. While we don’t expect quite that level of chaos this year, we still want to find out who Bayern Munich will face in the knockouts come February.
The options are as follows:
- Liverpool FC (ENG)
- AC Milan (ITA)
- Paris Saint-Germain (FRA)
- Club Brugge (BEL)
Why so few? Well it’s because of the rules of the draw. There are only two:
- Two teams from the same country cannot face each other.
- Teams who have already met in the group stage cannot face each other.
Since group winners are only drawn with the runners-up, and three German teams finished second in their groups, it gives Bayern a very small pool of potential opponents this year. Who will it be this time? Let’s wait and see.
Location: UEFA Headquarters, Nyon, Switzerland
Time: 12:00 CET
Tips for commenting:
- If you’re a new member, feel free to introduce yourself! We’re
mostlyvery friendly! Also, we’re from all parts of the world so don’t feel shy if you’re from a country that doesn’t seem represented on the blog.
- If the comments section starts to slow down for you, just hit the refresh button and keep commenting. It’s not necessary to have the whole comments loaded at one time while you’re just casually following along.
- Keep the sorting to “newest” to easily follow the conversation. It puts the newest comments at the top.
- Here at BFW we celebrate every goal like they do in the stadium: with a chant. The goal chants are for everyone to participate in! Even if you’re lagging behind the others, keep replying to the most recent call of the player’s name. Even if you missed the first call, just start from the second, and so on.
- While swearing is allowed within reason, please be polite to your fellow posters and avoid gratuitous obscenities. Racist, homophobic, and misogynistic language is not allowed whatsoever.
Check out our beginners thread if you have any more questions. That’s about it. Auf geht’s!
Looking for an unending well of Bayern Munich content? Sign up for an SBNation account and join the conversation on Bavarian Football Works. Whether it’s full match coverage and analysis, breaking news, podcasts or something completely different, we have it all.