The FIFA 2022 Men’s World Cup is upon us. Follow along the day-by-day action in each day’s game thread — even when Germany aren’t playing.
- Group C: Poland vs Argentina | 2PM EST
- Group C: Saudi Arabia vs Mexico | 2PM EST
- Group D: Tunisia vs France | 10AM EST
- Group D: Australia vs Denmark | 10AM EST
The next two groups take care of business. No teams are eliminated here. Former Bayern Munich and current FC Barcelona striker Robert Lewandowski finds his Poland team leading the group...but it'll be a clash of the superstars against Lionel Messi’s Argentina. Mexico have to win and make up -4 in goal differential on Poland, while Saudi Arabia look capable of progressing also.
France are confirmed and Australia have three points! Tottenham Hotspur’s Pierre-Emile Højbjerg will lead Denmark against the Socceroos. The Danes look favorites to progress, but they’ll have a job to do.
If you’d like to check back on our pre-tournament predictions and have a laugh about how badly we got it wrong, we’ve got you covered:
Tips for commenting:
- If you’re a new member, feel free to introduce yourself! We’re
mostlyvery friendly! Also, we’re from all parts of the world so don’t feel shy if you’re from a country that doesn’t seem represented on the blog.
- If the comments section starts to slow down for you, just hit the refresh button and keep commenting. It’s not necessary to have the whole comments loaded at one time while you’re just casually following along.
- Keep the sorting to “newest” to easily follow the conversation. It puts the newest comments at the top.
- While swearing is allowed within reason, please be polite to your fellow posters and avoid gratuitous obscenities. Racist, homophobic, and misogynistic language is not allowed whatsoever.
Check out our beginners thread if you have any more questions. That’s about it. Auf geht’s!
Looking for an unending well of Bayern Munich content? Sign up for an SBNation account and join the conversation on Bavarian Football Works. Whether it’s full match coverage and analysis, breaking news, podcasts or something completely different, we have it all.
Interested in more World Cup talk? Hop over to our weekend warm-up podcast! This week we ponder Bayern prospect Paul Wanner’s Austria courtship, next steps for Benji Pavard, and what to expect from Germany at the tournament.
As always, we appreciate your support!