The FIFA 2022 Men’s World Cup is upon us. Follow along the day-by-day action in each day’s game thread.
- Group E: Japan vs Costa Rica | 5AM EST
- Group E: Spain vs Germany | 2PM EST
- Group F: Belgium vs Morocco | 8AM EST
- Group F: Croatia vs Canada | 11AM EST
With first game of the day, we’ll find out if Japan will drop a major challenge to advance with six full points from two games. And with the last — stay tuned for our separate Germany/Spain gamethread — we’ll find out whether Hansi Flick’s boys will be going home early, or whether there will be all to play or on the final matchday.
In between, Bayern Munich’s Alphonso Davies will lead Canada’s campaign for redemption after a narrow opening loss to Belgium, but he’ll have to go through Real Madrid’s Luka Modrić to do it. Belgium will look to put a vice grip on first place in Group F, but it’s wide, wide open right now. Morocco may be down Noussair Mazraoui, but they still boast the likes of Chelsea FC’s Hakim Ziyech, Fiorentina’s Sofyan Amrabat, and PSG’s Achraf Hakimi. Full chaos in Group F is a serious possibility.
These are two of the most entertaining groups in the tournament. Should be a fun day.
TV/Streaming: Peacock Premium (USA, en español); BBC/ITV (UK); Find Your Country
If you’d like to check back on our pre-tournament predictions and have a laugh about how badly we got it wrong, we’ve got you covered:
Groups A & B | Groups C & D | Groups E & F | Groups G & H
Tips for commenting:
- If you’re a new member, feel free to introduce yourself! We’re
mostlyvery friendly! Also, we’re from all parts of the world so don’t feel shy if you’re from a country that doesn’t seem represented on the blog.
- If the comments section starts to slow down for you, just hit the refresh button and keep commenting. It’s not necessary to have the whole comments loaded at one time while you’re just casually following along.
- Keep the sorting to “newest” to easily follow the conversation. It puts the newest comments at the top.
- While swearing is allowed within reason, please be polite to your fellow posters and avoid gratuitous obscenities. Racist, homophobic, and misogynistic language is not allowed whatsoever.
Check out our beginners thread if you have any more questions. That’s about it. Auf geht’s!
Looking for an unending well of Bayern Munich content? Sign up for an SBNation account and join the conversation on Bavarian Football Works. Whether it’s full match coverage and analysis, breaking news, podcasts or something completely different, we have it all.
Interested in more World Cup talk? Hop over to our weekend warm-up podcast! This week we ponder Bayern prospect Paul Wanner’s Austria courtship, next steps for Benji Pavard, and what to expect from Germany at the tournament.
As always, we appreciate your support!