This has so far been shaping up to be the Winter Men’s World Cup of our discontent...but if injuries and results have got you down, there’s another exciting competition to look forward to! Bayern Munich are playing FC Barcelona today at 12:45pm EST in the Women’s Champions League, because of course the draw brought these two clubs together again.
Best of all, the match is streaming live on YouTube through DAZN. So watch along and join in on the comments below!
The FCB Frauen have had both ups and downs in the first season of new coach Alexander Straus. They’ve also beaten Barça already this season, but that was in a pre-season friendly cup tournament. This is the Champions League, where everything goes out the window and the stakes are much higher.
If anything should serve as a reminder, it’ll be VfL Wolfsburg’s 1-1 draw to AS Roma yesterday. Wolfsburg are dominating the Frauen-Bundesliga, but ‘tis the season of surprising results. Barcelona look absolutely formidable — but don’t count the FCB Frauen out.
Lea Schüller, Klara Bühl, and 18-year-old Franziska Kett will comprise the forward line today. Sarah Zadrazil, Lina Magull, and Georgia Stanway are in midfield. In defense, left-to-right, it's Carolin Simon, Glódís Perla Viggósdóttir, Tainara, and Maximiliane Rall, with Mala Grohs in goal.
Location: Camp Nou
Time: 12:45pm EST
Tips for commenting:
- If you’re a new member, feel free to introduce yourself! We’re
mostlyvery friendly! Also, we’re from all parts of the world so don’t feel shy if you’re from a country that doesn’t seem represented on the blog.
- If the comments section starts to slow down for you, just hit the refresh button and keep commenting. It’s not necessary to have the whole comments loaded at one time while you’re just casually following along.
- Keep the sorting to “newest” to easily follow the conversation. It puts the newest comments at the top.
- Here at BFW we celebrate every goal like they do in the stadium: with a chant. The goal chants are for everyone to participate in! Even if you’re lagging behind the others, keep replying to the most recent call of the player’s name. Even if you missed the first call, just start from the second, and so on.
- While swearing is allowed within reason, please be polite to your fellow posters and avoid gratuitous obscenities. Racist, homophobic, and misogynistic language is not allowed whatsoever.
Check out our beginners thread if you have any more questions. That’s about it. Auf geht’s!
Looking for an unending well of Bayern Munich content? Sign up for an SBNation account and join the conversation on Bavarian Football Works. Whether it’s full match coverage and analysis, breaking news, podcasts or something completely different, we have it all.