The injury gods are in midseason form in Bavaria.
As of now, things are progressing in a positive direction for multiple Bayern Munich players, there is still a decent volume of quality players who are banged up.
Below is a breakdown of each injured player’s status as compiled by Twitter account @iMiaSanMia:
• Benjamin Pavard, Lucas Hernandez, Marc Roca, Josip Stanišić: back in full training — ready for Saturday
• Thomas Müller & Dayot Upamecano: individual training — doubt for Saturday
• Marcel Sabitzer: light running
• Corentin Tolisso: still sidelined with calf injury
• Alphonso Davies: awaiting MRI results
• Kingsley Coman: awaiting test results
What the squad looks like for the weekend match against RB Leipzig is anyone’s guess. There could be a depth issue and likely a few call-ups to help fill out the match day roster.
It certainly is not an ideal situation for Julian Nagelsmann in facing his old club, but somehow always seems to be the norm in Bavaria.