Die Folgen: Bayern’s 5-0 victory over Dynamo Kyiv (Bavarian Football Works)
Bayern Munich took care of Dynamo Kyiv and wrapped up another Champions League victory. It was a thoroughly dominant effort for the Bavarians, who look spectacular of late. Here are some quick hitters on the match:
- Robert Lewandowski is so good.
- It was evident early that Dynamo Kyiv was going to have its hands full. Lewandowski, Thomas Müller, Leroy Sane, and Serge Gnabry we’re just way too much for the Ukrainians to deal with.
- One of the descriptive words that Julian Nagelsmann said about Niklas Süle after the match was that the big fella provides the team with flexibility. With Süle, Nagelsmann can shift to a back-three without having to actually say it (or, you know, list it on the match sheet).
- The trio of Süle, Lucas Hernandez, and Dayot Upamecano is superb.
- Imagine how scary this offense will be if Sane and Gnabry have really found consistency.
- The clean sheet for Manuel Neuer was well-deserved.
- Nagelsmann has really done a nice job so far. The players have embraced his ever-changing tactics and sees to be fully invested in challenging themselves in every match to learn or try something new.
- The depth on this squad is insane.
- What a finish from Serge Gnabry!
- Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting has been ruthlessly efficient this season.
- Bouna Sarr as a right-wing?
- Overall, it was just a fantastic effort.
If you missed our Initial Analysis, Match Awards, Observations, or Postgame Podcast, give them a look or a listen:
Kimmich, Richards honored by kicker’s Bundesliga Team of the Week (kicker via @iMiaSanMia)
Bayern Munich midfielder Joshua Kimmich and Bavarians’ loanee Chris Richards were honored by kicker with a spot on their Bundesliga Team of the Week:
Joshua Kimmich and Chris Richards in Kicker's Bundesliga Team of the Week pic.twitter.com/DrpfW5HGiI— Bayern & Die Mannschaft (@iMiaSanMia_en) September 27, 2021
City chasing Nkunku, too (Transfer Market Web)
Manchester City could be joining the hunt for RB Leipzig attacking midfielder Christopher Nkunku:
Manchester City is one of the great candidates for titles this year. With the Champions League as the main objective and the Premier as a regular obligation, Pep Guardiola’s men have one of the best squads in the whole of the old continent. But things are missing, touches that would give the British team a further step in level, and they are working on that for the next winter transfer market.
With the need to add the center forward who can compete with Gabriel Jesus, the intention of the citizen squad continues to affect the rest of the lines, especially in search of players who fit in with the indicated style of play of the Spanish coach.
In all this, one of the names that have appeared on Manchester City’s agenda is none other than Christopher Nkunku, the Frenchman from RB Leipzig who has caused such good sensations at the start of the season.
BVB wants Zakaria? (Sport1)
Marco Rose said he was not going to recruit any Borussia in Mönchengladbach players when taking over at Borussia Dortmund. That stance might be changing though as midfielder Denis Zakaria has been linked with BVB:
As reported by Sport Bild , Borussia Dortmund is interested in Gladbach’s Dennis Zakaria. According to the report, BVB sports director Michael Zorc was interested in Zakaria’s services as early as 2017. At that time, however, he decided to move to the other Borussia in Mönchengladbach.
Zakaria’s contract in Mönchengladbach expires next summer and he would be available for a free transfer to Dortmund. Gladbach’s manager Max Eberl is working flat out on an extension of the midfield clearer. However, he had already flirted with a move this summer and is not averse to an exit.
After the game against BVB (1-0), where Zakaria scored the decisive goal , the 24-year-old gave the Gladbach fans hope in an interview with Sky that they would stay: “I never said I really want to leave the club. I have good conversations with Max Eberl. I have always said that I feel very comfortable here. “
Is Marco Rose, of all people, slipping in between and luring the Swiss?
ICYMI: Bavarian Podcast Works S4E8 (Bavarian Football Works)
Bayern Munich have completed another week of football which saw the team beat SpVgg Greuther Furth 3-1 (and nothing else, because the Bundesliga schedule isn’t hell-bent on murdering players). There were some interesting stories which broke during the week, including a series of leaked messages involving Niklas Sule and his agent, plus the news that Timo Werner WAS indeed supposed to join the Bavarians at some point. Plenty to talk about.
In this episode, Ineednoname and Schnitzel01 discuss:
- Mandatory pre-pod Arsenal banter.
- Is Benjamin Pavard good enough for Bayern Munich? What are the alternatives to playing him?
- What Niklas Sule’s leaked WhatsApp messages mean for his standing within the club.
- Bullying Sule for his choice of clubs in the Premier League (Tottenham? Seriously?)
- Whether the failed Timo Werner transfer confirms the presence of divisions in the club.
- A surprising plot twist near the end of the podcast.
- A preview of next week’s potential topic.
Inter kicking the tires on Leno (@cfbayern)
Inter Milan could be readying a move for Arsenal goalkeeper and Germany international Bernd Leno:
TRUE ✅ @Inter is interested in a Transfer of @Bernd_Leno in winter @Arsenal @SPORTBILD @altobelli13 @ValentinaMaceri pic.twitter.com/LXqsnF5Byh— Christian Falk (@cfbayern) September 29, 2021
Of course, BFW was on top of Leno’s possible exit from London weeks ago.