The international break might have come at a good time for Bayern Munich as several members of the squad are battling injuries. Not all of the outlooks are good, either.
While Bayern Munich is expected to get Lucas Hernandez back when the international break ends, things are not-so-certain for Benjamin Pavard, who still looks to be on a slower path to being fully healthy. After last season, Pavard should take as long as he needs.
The Frenchman was still recovering from an injurt in the first half of lst season and struggled. Meanwhile, in the second half of the season, he was much better whil operating at full health.
Let’s take a quick look at where all the injured players stand:
- Manuel Neuer: Expected to play on Sunday for Germany against Armenia.
- Lucas Hernandez: Should be good to go for RB Leipzig on September 11th.
- Benjamin Pavard: Working his way back, could still be out a bit longer due to a slower recovery.
- Marc Roca: Back at training, but still could be a few weeks away form a full return.
- Thomas Müller: His status is in doubt for RB Leipzig.
- Marcel Sabitzer: Battling a lingering adductor issue, but is training at the facilities.
- Dayot Upamecano: Status uncertain; pending MRI results.
- Corentin Tolisso: Could be out for a while.
- Josip Stanisic: Battling a capsular injury in his ankle.
(Status reports compiled by Bild via @iMiaSanMia)