Who is losing at Bayern Munich under Julian Nagelsmann?
The easy answer to that question is “no one” since the team is rolling over its competition, but, alas, Bild is there to show us who is scuffling.
Nagelsmann has been at the helm of Bayern Munich for a bit now and Bild has undertaken the tough task of figuring out which players are worse off now than they were at the end of last season.
Take a look:
- Michael Cuisance: The temperamental Frenchman has barely played, is considered a tactical misfit, and has injured two teammates in training over the past two weeks. Other than all of that, things are going great!
- Marc Roca: Injured and potentially an afterthought, Bild pointed out that even Tanguy Nianzou was preferred at the “6” last weekend against VfL Bochum.
- Bouna Sarr: Sarr is now officially behind Benjamin Pavard and Josip Stanisic on the depth chart — but is really even deeper given that Niklas Süle and Joshua Kimmich are also better right-backs as well.
- Omar Richards: The “risky” play of Richards has Nagelsmann a little gun shy on using him.
- Corentin Tolisso: Nagelsmann recently offered this quote regarding Tolisso: “It’s not yet what we imagine.” While it is unclear whether or not Nagelsmann was referring to Tolisso’s injury status or his form, the Frenchman has slid even deeper down the depth chart after Bayern Munich acquired Marcel Sabitzer.