The Champions League is underway and Bayern Munich have started their campaign with a big win. Barcelona may not be what it used to be, but this 3-0 was more comfortable than most would’ve expected, given the fact that the game was played away at the Camp Nou, and Bayern had a grueling schedule coming into this one. Still, Nagelsmann’s boys dispatched their Catalan counterparts with relative ease, recording a precious clean sheet in the process.
Here are our talking points from the game:
- Dayot Upamecano and how Nagelsmann made the defense impregnable.
- How Nagelsmann made adjustments to counter Koeman’s 3-5-2.
- Analyzing how Bayern maintained the intensity while playing through fatigue.
- Why Jamal Musiala had an extremely tough time vs the Catalans.
- How Robert Lewandowski and Thomas Muller seem underutilized by Nagelsmann so far.
- Bayern’s midfielders had a bad time against Barca’s 3-5-2, and why Nagelsmann shares the blame.
- Barcelona fans are more than justified in their dislike of Ronald Koeman — his tactics were way too negative and he doesn’t seem to have a vision for the team.
As always, we love your feedback and appreciate all the support!
Be sure to stay tuned to Bavarian Podcast Works for all of your up to date coverage on Bayern Munich and Germany. Follow us on Twitter @BavarianFBWorks, @jeffersonfenner, @TheBarrelBlog, @tommyadams71, @bfwinnn, and more.