Bayern Munich got some good news and some bad news with regard to its injuries.
While bad news might seem like the norm, there is some reason to be optimistic about the list of the club’s walking wounded.
Who is probably in
- Robert Lewandowski (adductor): Per reports from today’s training, Robert Lewandowski was able to train after his precautionary exit against RB Leipzig on Saturday.
- Kingsley Coman (calf): Coman, too, seems like he will also be good-to-go for the FC Barcelona match.
- Marcel Sabitzer (arm): After picking up a knock during a collision with Michael Cuisance at Sunday’s training, the Austrian looks ready.
Abschlusstraining des @FCBayern vor dem ersten @ChampionsLeague-Spiel beim @FCBarcelona! Mit @lewy_official (Adduktoren), #Coman (Wade) und Sabitzer (Arm) - aber ohne @SergeGnabry (Rücken) und @CorentinTolisso (Wade). Happy Birthday, @esmuellert_ (32)! pic.twitter.com/MS2c6xLBSi— BILD FC Bayern (@BILD_Bayern) September 13, 2021
Final training of the @FCBayern before the first @ChampionsLeague Game at @FCBarcelona! With @lewy_official (Adductors),#Coman (Calf) and Sabitzer (arm) — but without @SergeGnabry (Back) and @CorentinTolisso (Calf). Happy Birthday, @esmuellert_ (32)!
Who could be out
- Serge Gnabry (back): The Germany international trained alone:
@SergeGnabry (Back problems) can only run laps on the next court and is missing in the final training @FCBayern @FCBarcelona #FCBFCB#FCB
- Corentin Tolisso (calf): As stated above, Tolisso performed individual training.
- Omar Richards (unknown): Omar Richards was also reportedly not at the team session. No reason was given for the former Reading FC man’s absence:
When it comes to players missing training, the worst should not always be assumed. Sometimes there are erroneous reports and other times there are other reasons for absences. Regardless, the accounts above were what came out of Bayern Munich’s training today.