Having just won a grueling game against RB Leipzig, Bayern Munich immediately travel to Spain to kick off their Champions League campaign against Barcelona. This is a very different Barca side from the one Bayern beat 8-2 last year. Leo Messi and Luis Suarez are no longer on the team, replaced by Memphis Depay and Luuk de Jong (more on him later).
Here are our talking points ahead of the game:
- A basic rundown of Barcelona for a La Liga novice.
- How Koeman may line up his team in a 3-5-2 including which Barca players are fit/injured.
- Pros and cons of the 3-5-2.
- Discussing the threat of Memphis Depay.
- What a Barcelona team with a 4-2-3-1 can look like.
- How injuries could derail Bayern in this crucial game at the start of the season.
- Samrin exposing her opinions by saying Luuk de Jong is Barca’s most dangerous player (what???).
- A more sane pick for Barca’s potential dangerman.
As always, we love your feedback and appreciate all the support!
Be sure to stay tuned to Bavarian Podcast Works for all of your up to date coverage on Bayern Munich and Germany. Follow us on Twitter @BavarianFBWorks, @jeffersonfenner, @TheBarrelBlog, @tommyadams71, @bfwinnn, and more.