Initial reactions and observations
- Maybe Leroy Sane should play on the left for Bayern Munich. He was half decent there, even scored a well-taken goal.
- 12-0 is a bit of an excessive scoreline. Maybe more bench players should’ve played.
- Choupo-Moting’s end of season numbers will have to exclude this game. He currently has more goal contributions than Lewandowski this season.
- Sarr and Cuisance scored. Can someone please buy them?
- Onto Hertha!
Full time: Bayern Munich win 12-0.
87’ — GOAL! Bruh. Tolisso makes it 12-0.
86’ — GOAL! I can’t believe it, Buona Sarr has scored. 11-0 now.
81’ — GOAL! Oof, Choupo just piling it on today. He gets his 4th goal now.
79’ — GOAL! Cuisance makes it 9-0. Surely that’s worth a bid, right?
76’ — Someone stop the game already. Bremer get a red card for denying a clear goalscoring opportunity.
65’ — GOAL! Finally, Sane gets a goal. Great finish by him.
48’ — GOAL! This is tiring me out. Musiala scores a belter to make it 7-0!
46’ — GOAL! Malik Tillman makes it 6-0. Double digits seem inevitable right now.
45’ — The second half is underway!
HT: 5-0 to Bayern.
34’ — GOAL! Uh, bruh. Choupo gets his hat trick.
27’ — GOAL! Choupo scores from a turnover! Sane’s second assist of the night.
26’ — GOAL! It’s a bit too easy now. Musiala gets his second of the night!
15’ — GOAL! Great interplay between Musiala and Choupo resulting in a goal for Bayern.
7’ — GOAL! Leroy Sane assists Choupo-Moting for the opener.
Kickoff: We’re underway!
One hour until kickoff: We have lineups!
Unsere XI für die erste Runde im @DFB_Pokal! #packmas #BSVFCB #MiaSanMia pic.twitter.com/0FzhmatbG1— FC Bayern München (@FCBayern) August 25, 2021
The DFB Pokal is back! Bayern Munich are set for an uncharacteristically late start to their cup campaign, facing Bremen-based club Bremer SV in the first round.
Normally, this game would take place well before the beginning of the league season, making it more akin to a preseason training game for the club’s stars than a serious competitive fixture. However, with the new schedule, you end up with a game against a 5th tier side sandwiched between two tough Bundesliga fixtures. Julian Nagelsmann, therefore, has no choice but to rotate as much as he can while preserving his side’s competitive balance.
Lineup mainstays like Manuel Neuer, Robert Lewandowski, and Leon Goretzka are already confirmed out. Others will likely be rested too. This might give Bremer the tiniest bit of hope, and Holstein Kiel proved last season at Bayern are not invincible against lower tier sides. This game could turn out to be a very interesting one for everyone involved.
It’s Bayern time.
Location: Weserstadion, Bremen, Germany
Time: 8:15 pm local time, 2:15 pm EST
TV/streaming: ESPN+, Find Your Country
Tips for commenting:
- If you’re a new member, feel free to introduce yourself! We’re
mostlyvery friendly! Also, we’re from all parts of the world so don’t feel shy if you’re from a country that doesn’t seem represented on the blog.
- If the comments section starts to slow down for you, just hit the refresh button and keep commenting. It’s not necessary to have the whole comments loaded at one time while you’re just casually following along.
- Keep the sorting to “newest” to easily follow the conversation. It puts the newest comments at the top.
- Here at BFW we celebrate every goal like they do in the stadium: with a chant. The goal chants are for everyone to participate in! Even if you’re lagging behind the others, keep replying to the most recent call of the player’s name. Even if you missed the first call, just start from the second, and so on.
- While swearing is allowed within reason, please be polite to your fellow posters and avoid gratuitous obscenities. Racist, homophobic, and misogynistic language is not allowed whatsoever.
Check out our beginners thread if you have any more questions. That’s about it. Auf geht’s!
Looking for an unending well of Bayern Munich content? Sign up for an SBNation account and join the conversation on Bavarian Football Works. Whether it’s full match coverage and analysis, breaking news, podcasts or something completely different, we have it all.