Phew, that was a wild ride. Bayern Munich’s second Bundesliga game this season saw them pitted against a feisty Köln side that was unafraid to attack and defended like their lives depended on it. Nagelsmann’s third game of the season showed signs of promise, but lacked the dominance and the free-flowing football that we’ve come to expect from Bayern in recent years.
There were plenty of takeaways from the game, which have been covered in the pod. Here’s are some major points that will be covered:
- The lineup: A back 3 or a back 4?
- The lack of cohesion and a lot of rust witnessed in the first half.
- A tale of 3 wingers and 2 halves.
- Bayern’s defense is sus, as usual.
- A brilliant effort from Köln, who are to be taken seriously.
- Chuck’s magic.
As always, do leave your feedback in the comments and thank you for the support! Be sure to rate us, like us, subscribe to us, and follow us on Apple Podcasts, Spotify and anywhere else you get your quality audio content.
Find any of the contributors on Twitter @BavarianFBWorks, @jeffersonfenner, @TheBarrelBlog and @TommyAdams71.