It was an opening day disaster for Bayern Munich as they failed to beat Borussia Monchengladbach away from home. Okay, maybe “disaster” is a bit strong, but the performance wasn’t that good. Julian Nagelsmann’s tenure as coach has started inauspiciously, with him failing to win a single game so far. Is this a sign of things to come?
Talking points from the game:
- Just how good is Alphonso Davies?
- Josip Stanisic shows promise.
- Gnabry and Sane are letting the team down at the moment.
- Was Thomas Muller less involved?
- Nagelsmann needs to adjust to Bayern, not the other way around.
- Upamecano’s troubles with physical strikers.
As always, feedback is appreciated and thank you for the support! Be sure to rate us, like us, subscribe to us, and follow us on Apple Podcasts, Spotify and anywhere else you get your quality audio content.
Find any of the contributors on Twitter @BavarianFBWorks, @jeffersonfenner, @TheBarrelBlog & @TommyAdams71.