Hello everyone, I’d like to formally welcome you all to our coverage of the UEFA Euro 2020 tournament. Here at the podcast, we will be bringing you one of the biggest efforts we’ve had for an international tournament complete with daily recaps, highlights, previews of upcoming games and insights from team correspondents.
But, to start off, we have previews for each group.
First, here is what you’ll hear on our podcast covering Group C:
These are the teams competing in Group C of the 2020 Euros:
- Austria: the team with the most Bundesliga players on it will be fighting in a tough group, but the Burschen have a better chance than most at going through
- The Netherlands: after missing the last two major tournaments, the Oranje are back and looking to reclaim their spot at the top of European football
- North Macedonia: this is the first major tournament for the Risovi and they hope to come out of this with more than just a participation trophy
- Ukraine: one of the more underrated teams in this tournament, the Yellow-Blues are hoping they can make a surprise run at the knockout stages
Then, listen to our preview of Group D:
These are the teams competing in Group D of the 2020 Euros:
- Croatia: After finishing runners up in the 2018 World Cup, the Vatreni are hoping to prove that their second Golden Generation has more gas left in the tank
- Czech Republic (Czechia): The Locamotiva are hoping their defensive rigidity and possession based football will be able to slow down the high paced attacks of the other teams in their group
- England: With a squad seemingly more talented than ever, the Three Lions believe it’s finally time for football to come home
- Scotland: With the Tartan Army at their back, can this Scotland team impress the world in their first appearance at a tournament since 1998?
Be sure to stay tuned to Bavarian Podcast Works for all of your up to date coverage on the 2020 Euros. Follow us on Twitter @BavarianFBWorks, @jeffersonfenner, @TheBarrelBlog for Germany, @tommyadams71 for England, and more.