- What he thinks is best for his career
- What the club wants
Per the report, Nübel is intent on leaving via loan, but the Bayern Munich front office would like him to stay to avoid having to buy another back-up goalkeeper:
Alexander Nübel is determined to leave FC Bayern on loan in order to gather match practice. However the club's bosses are opposed and want to keep Nübel as allowing him to leave means having to sign a new number two which would cost money [@SPORTBILD] pic.twitter.com/IsVLwcQj0r— Bayern & Germany (@iMiaSanMia) May 25, 2021
The report went even deeper, however, and dove into some of the behind the scenes action surrounding Nübel from this past season and some current events as well:
- Manuel Neuer respects Nübel and his ability, but was “annoyed” with the constant debate surrounding Nübel.
- Neuer is still not willing to sit out, so the 24-year-old can get more game time. Even against SC Freiburg, Neuer did not want to miss the match.
- Manager Julian Nagelsmann does not trust Ron-Thorben Hoffmann and Christian Früchtl to play a major role should Neuer get hurt. The new boss wants a dependable back-up.
- Nagelsmann’s plan would be to loan Nübel out and sign an established back-up, but the Bayern Munich front office is not in favor of such a move at this point.