Initial reactions and observations
- 1860 had a poor game but it was masked by the two penalties gifted to them by the ref. Touch luck for Bayern II, they deserved the win.
- Sarpreet Singh was probably the best player on the pitch. If only another one of his shots had gone in, Bayern could’ve come out of this with three points. As it stands, relegation is basically guaranteed.
- Angelo Stiller didn’t have the greatest of performances. His distribution was weak and he was easily bullied by the 1860 midfield. The midfield as a whole was a problem for Bayern, as they couldn’t control the game at all.
Full time: 1860 Munich 2-2 Bayern Munich II.
67’ — This referee is a joke. 1860 gifted a penalty and they equalize.
49’ — WHAT A GOAL BY SINGH! He cuts inside and shoots it like Robben. Absolute bullet into the bottom corner.
Halftime observations and analysis
- Bayern scored against the run of play, but it was a beautifully taken shot by Sieb.
- Singh has developed a lot since last season. He was incredibly scrawny and lacking physicality last year, but now he’s bulked up a bit and improved his defending. Good work by him so far this game.
- 1860’s penalty was completely unfair. It hit the supporting arm and the referee still gave it. It was NOT a handball. They had no clear cut chances before that and the nonsense penalty levelled it. Shame there’s no VAR.
Bayern Munich II take on 1860 Munich in a battle to stay in the 3.Liga! 1860 are doing really well this year while Bayern have lost a lot of talent over the summer. It’s going to be a hard fight, and the reserves are clearly the underdogs. Can the kids make it? Here’s our lineup for the game.
Location: Grunwalder Stadion, Munich, Germany
Time: 2 pm local time, 8 am EST
Tips for commenting:
- If you’re a new member, feel free to introduce yourself. We’re
mostlyvery friendly! Also, we’re from all parts of the world so don’t feel shy if you’re from a country that doesn’t seem represented on the blog.
- SBN is a little slow to show new comments. Refresh the page regularly to keep up with the discussion, especially after goals.
- The goal celebrations are for everyone to participate in! Even if you’re lagging behind the others, keep replying to the most recent call of the player’s name. Even if you missed the first call, just start from the second, and so on.
- While swearing is allowed within reason, please be polite to your fellow posters and avoid gratuitous obscenities. Racist, homophobic, and misogynistic language is not allowed whatsoever.
Check out our beginners thread if you have any more questions. That’s about it. Auf geht’s!
Looking for an unending well of Bayern Munich content? Sign up for an SBNation account and join the conversation on Bavarian Football Works. Whether it’s full match coverage and analysis, breaking news or something completely different, we have it all.