Bayern Munich manager Hansi Flick is a fantastic coach for a number of reasons, but perhaps more than anything, he just gets his players and what they need. When some players approached him about potentially having their partners and/or children join the team’s mandatory quarantine, the 56-year-old sextuple winner gave his approval:
Great gesture from Flick! According to our info, the international players have asked their coach whether their partners & children are allowed in the hotel (in compliance with all hygiene regulations). Flick allowed it. Players are happy. #FCBayern— Florian Plettenberg (@Plettigoal) May 12, 2021
When you need a player to dig down for you and give you his/her best effort, the players needs to know that you are on their side...that you’d do everything you could for them as a coach.
I get the feeling Flick’s players would always leave it all on the pitch for their manager.
Rumors...oh rumors...Bayern has apparently offered Georginio Wijnaldum a three-year deal:
It was not inconvenient that the advisor to Liverpool star Georginio Wijnaldum made a tempting offer to Bayern. “Wijnaldum is a free transfer and keeps all options open,” Humphry Nijman told Sport1 last week. “FC Bayern is a great club. If you are interested in him, please feel free to talk to us.”
FC Bayern apparently did not have to be told twice and has allegedly prepared an offer. The newly minted German champion is said to have already contacted Wijnaldum and presented the Dutchman with a three-year contract, the transfer insider Ekrem Konur reports on Twitter.
Accordingly, negotiations are ongoing about the midfield star’s annual salary. Wijnaldum is aiming for a new challenge after five years in Liverpool . Will the 30-year-old switch from the Reds to the Reds?
Borussia Dortmund CEO is not worried about his club losing Erling Haaland this summer:
Borussia Dortmund CEO Watzke to Bild: “I have the clear expectation that Erling Haaland will play for us next year. And I am not worried about anything else. I am totally relaxed”. ⚫️ #BVB— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) May 12, 2021
The on-again, off-again talks between Douglas Costa and Gremio are apparently...back on and Costa might officially be headed home:
It has been said for for some time that Douglas Costa could leave Bayern Munich. According to media reports from his home country, the Brazilian has now accepted an offer from Gremio Porto Alegre. At a meeting in his hometown of Porto Alegre, Douglas Costa (30) and Gremio agreed on the terms, reported the Brazilian sports portal “Globoesporte” on Wednesday. The “Gaucha ZH” portal from Porto Alegre had previously spread the news about the meeting. Douglas Costa, who grew up at Gremio, was loaned by Bayern for this season from Juventus Turin.
As it turns out, Costa has apparently already said “Peace out!” to Bavaria and looks to be setup for an official return to Brazil:
Douglas Costa's time at Bayern is over. The Brazilian didn't travel with the team to the training camp and returned home to Porto Alegre today. Costa has recently bought a house there and will play for Grêmio in the future [@mano_bonke, @kessler_philipp] pic.twitter.com/SzOrX4XGjs— Bayern & Germany (@iMiaSanMia) May 12, 2021
Bayern Munich has been linked to Borussia Mönchengladbach midfielder Denis Zakaria, but the Bavarians are just one of several teams that has checked in on the 24-year-old. Now, Arsenal joins the list of clubs eyeing Zakaria with Bayern, Manchester United, Liverpool, and Inter Milan:
Already tracked by many prominent clubs around, including Bayern Munich, Manchester United, Liverpool, and Inter Milan, Swiss international centre-back and half-back Denis Zakaria (24) has allegedly been targeted by Arsenal as well. Standing out from Borussia Monchengladbach ranks since 2017/18 season, the 1996-born pitcher is roughly worth 40 million euros, and, still on a deal with German club until June 2022, might be handed out on a slightly lower sum.
If this was the United States, there would have been some kind of brawl:
People booked in for their Covid vaccinations at Home Park accidentally found themselves at the front of the queue for Plymouth Argyle season tickets on Monday.
Since January, Home Park has seen thousands of people queue outside the grounds after the stadium was transformed by the NHS in the fight against the virus. But yesterday, many people found themselves amongst Green Army fans and were left baffled when they reached the front of the line, only to find they had accidentally queued up for a season ticket.
Plymouth Argyle’s 21/22 season ticket went on sale on Monday, May 10, at 10am, which saw many football fans eagerly awaiting outside the Home Park Ticket Office. Despite there being “significant stewarding” in place, several people who were attending a vaccination appointment said they waited in the wrong queue.
What I learned from this — aside of the fact that Plymouth needs better signage to direct people where to go — is that Plymouth Argyle’s mascot is named Pilgrim Pete.
Mark Uth is probably eager to get out of Schalke 04 as soon as possible. Hoffenheim could be willing to take back its old striker:
Already tracked by FC Köln, 29-year old German forward Mark Uth, has been targeted by another former club of his, notably Hoffenheim. Leaving Schalke 04 after three seasons in, Mark Uth is definitely not willing to follow Gelsenkirchen side into second-tier realms.
With Andrej Kramaric considered a possibility to leave Sinsheim, it might make sense for Sebastian Hoeneß to bring back a veteran like Uth.
Uth was allegedly one of the Schalke 04 players chased by fans during a violent outburst last month.
Schalke players were attacked by their own fans after getting relegated from the Bundesliga.— ESPN FC (@ESPNFC) April 21, 2021
Fans chased some of the players on the stadium perimeters in scenes that sources told @uersfeld were filmed early Wednesday morning.