It’s been a while since we last did a welcome post, so a new one was in order. Since Bayern Munich are on break this week, this seemed like a good time to welcome all the new readers we’ve picked up since the last time we did one of these.
Who are we?
We’re Bavarian Football Works, a fan community centered around Bayern Munich. Here we discuss everything related to Bayern Munich and the German national team, including our youth and women’s teams. On this site you’ll find news, analysis, opinions, and a big vibrant community to discuss everything, brought to you every single day, 365 days a year.
Why should you join us?
BFW isn’t just another news site, we are a community. Our members consist of fans from around the world, from places ranging from the United States to South Korea — all brought together by a singular love of Bayern Munich. We are here to discuss everything about the club and football in general — every viewpoint and opinion is appreciated.
We offer a variety of ways for our members to express their opinion. If the comments section isn’t enough, then there are always fanposts. You can use them to publish your own articles, and they will be seen by everyone else on the site (and the internet at large). Particularly good fanposts may even be promoted onto the main site!
Our site is also part of the SB Nation umbrella, so you can check out any of the other 300+ communities on the network. We recommend our sister site Fear the Wall, who cover Borussia Dortmund. There’s also sites for the EPL, La Liga, Serie A, and MLS. You won’t need to make a new account for each — just one is enough.
How to join
We’ve picked up a ton of new readers in the past couple of years — BFW is bigger than ever and growing all the time. Just go ahead and click here to make a new account! There’s a one day moratorium on commenting (to discourage spammers and trolls), but you’ll get access to the site’s other features immediately, which should make reading a lot easier.
Here are a few tips for getting started:
- Introduce yourself: Just go to the comments section of the latest article and say hi! We’ll give you a warm welcome.
- Share your viewpoint: It doesn’t matter if you think your POV has been mentioned before. We’re always ready to hear from you and our members love a good discussion.
- Break down your posts: If you want to make a long comment, break it down into easily digestible points or paragraphs.
- Don’t worry about timeouts or double posts: The mods will clear up anything you didn’t want posted.
- Check out this commenting guide on The Liverpool Offside.
What are the rules?
SB Nation as a whole has certain community guidelines. The gist of it is this:
- Unacceptable: Racism, sexism, homophobia, xenophobia, NSFW content, trolling, and personal insults. Any comments or fan posts found to have breached our guidelines will be deleted and a ban will be issued.
- Moderately acceptable: Swearing. You’re allowed to swear, but do so within reason and please make it limited. Excessive swearing is unnecessary.
- Perfectly acceptable: Having a different opinion. Just remember to stay respectful.
Extra: Overtly political and religious comments will be removed. This is a football blog, meant to discuss football. Also, spammy comments like “First!” and “Second!” will be removed without notice. Every single comment here is moderated by an actual human being. The rules are here to create a inclusive atmosphere for everyone to be able to participate.
Gamethreads: The easiest way to join the conversation
One thing that we do at BFW is create gamethreads. They are usually the biggest articles on any given match day. They exist to provide an online forum for our members to discuss the game as it happens in real time. It’s the best way to connect with other Bayern fans online during a game.
Gamethreads are usually posted three hours before a game, and have all the info you’ll need to follow the game live. In the comments section you’ll find fans just like yourself talking about the game, providing updates, commentary, and discussion on a minute-by-minute obasis.
It’s a great place for new members to dive right into the conversation. If it’s your first time commenting, please follow the tips above to get up and running on match days. We hope to see you there!
Mia San Mia!