Initial reactions and observations
- What a disaster. Not only did a single Bayern Munich player not get rested, Germany actually put up one of their worst performances in the post-2018 era. Jogi has lost the plot, he has to go now.
- Brazzo was right about Timo Werner — this man is not a world class player, he can’t cut it at this level. His miss was schoolboy stuff. Embarrassing, really.
- Jamal Musiala brought more offensive spark in 5 minutes than the rest of the team did in 90. If baby Muller can do that, then what could the real Thomas Muller do?
- Germany’s defense is still bad, no surprises there.
- How long is this going to continue? The DFB has to know that the Euros is a disaster waiting to happen. Get Rangnick on the phone now. Give him control. Get this ship righted.
Full time: Germany lose2-1.
85' - Goal. Wow, Germany suck. NM Up 2-1.
62' - Goal! Germany draw level from a Gundogan penalty, after Leroy Sane was brought down in the box.
45' - The second half kicks off!
Halftime: Germany 0-1 North Macedonia.
45+2' - Goal. Pandev scores to send Germany 1-0 down.
Kickoff! We’re underway! Please, no injuries.
One hour until kickoff: It doesn't get any more annoying than this. Jogi Low refuses to rest his Bayern players except Neuer. What a joke.
With the international break finally coming to an end, Bayern Munich fans watch with bated breath as Joachim Low risks derailing the entire season to get a win over North Macedonia. Germany have been in good form lately, but even so Low seems reluctant to rotate.
Manuel Neuer will sit this one out, with Marc Andre ter Stegen set to get a token appearance to placate the Barca man. Joshua Kimmich and Leon Goretzka are likely to play, as is Serge Gnabry. Hopefully, Low has the sense to sub these players off early, because the last thing we need is another Lewandowski-esque injury. Let’s hope this game goes smoothly.
Location: MSV Arena, Duisburg, Germany
Time: 8:45 pm local time, 2:45 pm EST
Tips for commenting:
- If you’re a new member, feel free to introduce yourself. We’re
mostlyvery friendly! Also, we’re from all parts of the world so don’t feel shy if you’re from a country that doesn’t seem represented on the blog.
- SBN is a little slow to show new comments. Refresh the page regularly to keep up with the discussion, especially after goals.
- The goal celebrations are for everyone to participate in! Even if you’re lagging behind the others, keep replying to the most recent call of the player’s name. Even if you missed the first call, just start from the second, and so on.
- While swearing is allowed within reason, please be polite to your fellow posters and avoid gratuitous obscenities. Racist, homophobic, and misogynistic language is not allowed whatsoever.
Check out our beginners thread if you have any more questions. That’s about it. Auf geht’s!
Looking for an unending well of Bayern Munich content? Sign up for an SBNation account and join the conversation on Bavarian Football Works. Whether it’s full match coverage and analysis, breaking news or something completely different, we have it all.