It has been rumored that former Bayern Munich striker Sandro Wagner was eager to get into the coaching profession and now we know that the 33-year-old is officially going to make the leap.
Per a report from Bild’s Heiko Niedderer and a follow-up from Sport1’s Florian Plettenberg, Wagner will become the head coach for SpVgg Unterhaching’s U-19 side:
Wagner seemed excited to take this step.
“I’m really looking forward to this task. It’s the perfect step for me to start my coaching career,” Wagner said to Sport1.
SpVgg Unterhaching was equally thrilled to bring in the former Germany international.
“The fact that Sandro will take over our U-19s from July 1st is something very special for us. That makes us proud. Especially because he had several options. And I must honestly say: that he comes to us is good for my soul, because we are facing relegation to the regional league with the professionals,” Haching boss Manfred Schwabl told Sport1.
There was some hope that Wagner would return to Bayern Munich to join the youth system, but it looks like that dream might have to wait.
Villarreal defender Pau Torres would be interested in a move to Manchester United this summer. MEN Sport reported earlier in the month that United are one of the top sides currently looking into a possible move for Torres, 24, ahead of an uncertain transfer window.
It is believed Torres has a release clause in his current deal which lies in the region of €60million after he penned a contract extension until 2024 two years ago. A number of other Premier League clubs, including Manchester City, are also monitoring the Spanish defender’s situation and MEN Sport understands Torres would be open to a move to English football.
There is also interest from both Real Madrid and Bayern Munich regarding a potential deal although sources close to the player insist he is fully focused on a strong end to the current campaign with Villarreal.
No one is better than Bayern Munich’s Robert Lewandowski this season:
Robert Lewandowski has been in a class of his own this season. pic.twitter.com/J6F0ZCdH9d— DW Sports (@dw_sports) March 22, 2021
Oh boy, apparently Manchester City has a strategy in place to try and procure Borussia Dortmund star Erling Haaland called “Operation Haaland:”
As “ The Athletic ” reports, the English top club Manchester City has started “Operation Haaland”. Accordingly, the Premier League leader has made contact with the Haaland site. The “Citizens” still have a good relationship with Alf-Inge Haaland, the father of the BVB-Knipsers. The 48-year-old kicked for ManCity from 2000 to 2003. Those responsible are said to have tapped this contact by now.
According to the report, City has long been given the “green light” for a possible Haaland transfer. Accordingly, the necessary things are now “in motion”. What these things are, however, was not explained.
And what does Haaland want? The young Norwegian recently emphasized in an interview with Dagbladet that he feels that he is in good hands in Dortmund. “I want to go to tournaments with this country and I hope we can do that one day,” he said.
Meanwhile in Spain, Sport columnist Lluís Mascaró says that FC Barcelona should do whatever it can to buy Haaland — including sell of Philippe Coutinho and Antoine Griezmann:
Philippe Coutinho has been the most ruinous piece of business in Barcelona’s history. The club’s most expensive signing of all time (120 million plus 40 million in add ons) is also the least profitable.
(Barca manager Ronald) Koeman tried his hardest to recover them both. The only way to solve the problem, though, is to sell, for the best price possible, Coutinho and (Antoine) Griezmann to sign Erling Haaland. The Brazilian and the Frenchman have already had a lot (too many) of chance that they haven’t taken. It’s time for a chance. Koeman and Laporta are clear on that. The future is called Haaaland. The Norwegian is a safe bet...
Borussia Dortmund star Erling Haaland does not understand what all of the fuss is about. The 20-year-old Norwegian has a contract through 2024 with BVB and doesn’t concern himself with the chatter:
Asked about his own future, Borussia Dortmund and Norwegian NT star striker Erling Haaland (20) stated: “I’m still on a 3-year deal with the club, so I really don’t understand what the fuss is all about. Anyway, I don’t mind those rumors, nor they make me worried about.”
Sorry Erling, this is partly why there is a lot of fuss going on...you are damn good:
Top rated players aged 21 and under in Europe's top five leagues this season— WhoScored.com (@WhoScored) March 24, 2021
Erling Haaland - 7.61
Jadon Sancho - 7.57
Matheus Cunha - 7.37 pic.twitter.com/Xnjj7o8u8H
Germany’s U-21 squad picked up a 3-0 victory over Hungary.