7:35AM EST — Update
Initial observations and reactions:
- Bayern Munich drawing Paris Saint-Germain this early is not good for the tourney, but should make for a fantastic match-up. The Bavarians are going to have to be on top of their game for this one. There are so many subplots in this match...
- Borussia Dortmund vs. Manchester City is not what the Bundesliga needed. Plus, it gives Pep Guardiola another chance to get an up-close-and-personal look at Erling Haaland before he inevitably convinces the club to throw crazy cash at the Norwegian phenom.
- Chelsea cannot...and I mean cannot....afford to buckle against FC Porto. That was a give draw.
- Liverpool vs. Real Madrid should be fun in some ways....and painful in others.
- With a potential match-up with Manchester City in the semifinals, UEFA absolutely hit Bayern Munch with the most difficult possible route to the final.
Stay with Bavarian Football Works for more coverage on the draw results!
It all comes down to this for the quarterfinal round of the Champions League. Eight extremely talented teams have fought their way through to this stage of the tournament and Bayern Munich will not have any easy draws among the remaining teams.
Sure, some would prefer Bayern Munich does not end up in a heavyweight slobber-knocker with Manchester City or Paris Saint-Germain, but then there are others who just want to face the best possible opponent in each round.
Be careful what you wish for with this group.
Here is the list of teams remaining in the tournament:
- Bayern Munich
- Borussia Dortmund
- Manchester City
- Real Madrid
- Paris Saint-Germain
- FC Porto
Who do you want Bayern Munich to draw? Tell us in the comments below.
Location: House of European Football in Nyon, Switzerland
Time: 12:00 pm local time, 7:00 am EST
Tips for commenting:
- If you’re a new member, feel free to introduce yourself. We’re
mostlyvery friendly! Also, we’re from all parts of the world so don’t feel shy if you’re from a country that doesn’t seem represented on the blog.
- SBN is a little slow to show new comments. Refresh the page regularly to keep up with the discussion, especially after goals.
- The goal celebrations are for everyone to participate in! Even if you’re lagging behind the others, keep replying to the most recent call of the player’s name. Even if you missed the first call, just start from the second, and so on.
- While swearing is allowed within reason, please be polite to your fellow posters and avoid gratuitous obscenities. Racist, homophobic, and misogynistic language is not allowed whatsoever.
Check out our beginners thread if you have any more questions. That’s about it. Auf geht’s!
Looking for an unending well of Bayern Munich content? Sign up for an SBNation account and join the conversation on Bavarian Football Works. Whether it’s full match coverage and analysis, breaking news or something completely different, we have it all.