As previously reported, Bayern Munich has triggered the €42.5 million exit clause in Dayot Upamecano’s contract with RB Leipzig and agreed to personal terms with the player as well.
As of now Upamecano is expected to step in and compete for playing time at center-back with Niklas Sule, Lucas Hernandez, Chris Richards, and Tanguy Nianzou in the summer. Jerome Boateng could also be in the mix depending on what happens with his contract, while all indications are that David Alaba will leave Bavaria.
So...where does the move put Upamecano on Bayern Munich’s list of most expensive transfers? The 22-year-old slots in at third, behind Hernandez and Leroy Sane. Here is the latest and greatest list of Bayern Munich’s most expensive transfers:
- Lucas Hernandez: €80 million
- Leroy Sane: €45 million
- Dayot Upamecano: €42.5 million
- Corentin Tolisso: €41.5 million
- Javi Martinez: €40 million
- Arturo Vidal: €39.25 million
- Mario Götze: €37 million
- Mats Hummels: €35 million
- Renato Sanches: €35 million
- Benjamin Pavard: €35 million