Germany managed to scrape a win against an extremely well-drilled Romania side in what becomes the first problematic game of Hansi Flick’s short tenure. Starting with five Bayern Munich players in the lineup, the Germans went down early to a goal by Ianis Hagi and struggled to stamp their authority on the game. While Serge Gnabry and Thomas Muller eventually brought home all three points, questions will be asked about the nature of the performance.
Here are our talking points from the game:
- How Hansi Flick got his lineup and tactics completely wrong.
- Giving credit to Romania for a strong performance at the back.
- Why Timo Werner and Marco Reus should not be starting for Germany anymore — at least in the role they have currently.
- The problem with Germany’s fullbacks at the moment.
- Some lovely Thomas Muller propaganda, which we always love to hear.
- Some experiments Hansi Flick needs to make in the upcoming games.
As always, we love your feedback and appreciate all the support!
Be sure to stay tuned to Bavarian Podcast Works for all of your up to date coverage on Bayern Munich and Germany. Follow us on Twitter @BavarianFBWorks, @jeffersonfenner, @TheBarrelBlog, @tommyadams71, @bfwinnn, and more.