With the international break now upon us, it’s time to shift our focus from Bayern Munich to Germany. Hansi Flick has made a winning start to life as Germany coach, and will want to continue gaining momentum in the buildup to next year’s world cup. However, there’s a lot of things to do and not much time to do it — he’ll have to be quick about his work. This October international break is the last one for a long time.
Here are the talking points before the game:
- Admitting the shameful fact that I know nothing about Romania.
- How Hansi Flick might line up the team — formation, players, and so on.
- The Timo Werner issue, and how Flick may be planning to revive him.
- The midfield rotation problem — technically not a problem for Germany, but a headache for Bayern fans.
- Potential options in defense. Could Niklas Sule be moved to right-back? Or will it be Jonas Hofmann?
- Who will play left-back for Germany? How about ... Leroy Sane?
As always, we love your feedback and appreciate all the support!
Be sure to stay tuned to Bavarian Podcast Works for all of your up to date coverage on Bayern Munich and Germany. Follow us on Twitter @BavarianFBWorks, @jeffersonfenner, @TheBarrelBlog, @tommyadams71, @bfwinnn, and more.