Bayern Munich bounced back in a big way with a rollicking 5-2 victory over Union Berlin in the Bundesliga. Here on some quick hitters on what was a really fun match:
- If there was any doubt about how Bayern Munich would respond after it’s DFB-Pokal loss to Borussia Monchengladbach, the Bavarians answered that question early — with a little help from Union Berlin.
- It is always good to hear Phil Bonney on the call of a game, eh?
- A handball penalty put Robert Lewandowski on the spot early and the Polish Hitman converted the attempt easily.
- Later, a foul just outside the box resulted in Bayern Munich using some training ground magic that Lewandowski finished off.
Lewandowski finished off this free kick routine perfectly pic.twitter.com/qCXoCbYx7Z— ESPN FC (@ESPNFC) October 30, 2021
- Leroy Sane was in the midst of a very good, but unfulfilling first half before he was on the end of a tremendous play to give Bayern Munich a 3-0 lead. Kingsley Coman sent a cross over that Thomas Müller deftly flicked on to Sane, who poked the ball into the net. What a tremendous goal and effort from all players involved.
- Had Sane finished that unbelievable pass from Lewandowski, it could have been a goal of the year candidate.
Oh la passe D de malade mental que ca aurait été. pic.twitter.com/902YsDwUa4— 60SecondesFoot (@60secondesF) October 30, 2021
- The 3-0 lead, however, came at a price. The defense started to get sloppy and even Manuel Neuer had a bit of a lapse that left to Union Berlin making it a 3-1 game at halftime on a Niko Giesselmann goal.
- For those of you who watched on ESPN+, you saw a fantastic highlight package on Lewandowski during halftime. That was terrific, wasn’t it?
- Sane is still using that floating role at left-wing. He’s often pushed in centrally and it’s working. This positional alteration has totally changed his season.
- Coman drove down the right side and unleashed a right-footed rocket in to the upper right-hand corner of the net for Bayern Munich’s fourth goal. What…a…shot.
- When focused and determined, this Bayern Munich is special.
- Jamal Musiala made his way into the match at the 62nd minute mark, which was nice to see.
- The entire backline for Bayern Munich had their hands full for the match. It was not a banner performance for any of the starters.
- Müller added his own goal when he tallied the squad’s fifth goal with a tremendous shot. Müller also finished the match with three assists.
- Union Berlin showed its mettle though. Julian Ryerson’s goal on his first touch was pretty sweet for Die Eisernen. All four players on the backline could have done much, much better, though.
- Union Berlin always continues to push, fight, and attack. They are fun, there is no denying that.
- I did not think Corentin Tolisso and Joshua Kimmich worked well together. Tolisso often neglected defense and Kimmich just appears to be playing with some heavy legs.
- Josip Stanisic — who had been terrific for most of the season — really struggled. Hopefully this was more of a one-off than him “coming down to Earth.”
- Overall, this was exactly the type of effort that you wanted to see from Bayern Munich. It was never going to be easy against Union Berlin and their fearless style, but the Bavarians handled it all well.
It looks like Coretin Tolisso is drawing some interest from Real Madrid:
Real Madrid have reportedly been offered the chance to sign 27-year-old French midfielder Corentin Tolisso on a free transfer next summer.
According to a report by Spanish outlet Defensa Central, Real Madrid have been given the opportunity to secure the services of Corentin Tolisso on a free transfer in next summer’s transfer window. However, the Spanish giants have no interest in the 27-year-old Bayern Munich midfielder and are instead focusing their attention on signing Paul Pogba.
Corentin Tolisso had several big-name clubs clamouring for him when he departed Lyon in the summer of 2017 before joining Bayern Munich. In his maiden campaign, the French international made a strong start to life in Bavaria, quickly establishing himself as a regular for the Bundesliga giants.
Here is what we have on tap:
- A look at the risk that comes with being on the wrong side of a devastating blowout.
- The most recent news on what might happen with Red Bull Salzburg’s Karim Adeyemi, along with the Bayern Munich tandem of Niklas Süle and Kingsley Coman.
- Yes, I am watching Squid Game and no, I have not seen the new episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm yet.
- Are you into sports gambling? I can’t get into the new school version of it and you won’t want to miss an old war story on gambling, covering high school ice hockey, and how bad things can get when your picture is in the newspaper.
Could FC Barcelona’s rumored pursuit of Bayern Munich wing Kingsley Coman mean that Ousmane Dembele is on his way out? That could be an option:
After another long period out due to injury, it’s expected that Ousmane Dembele will finally return for Barcelona this weekend or at some point in the next couple of games.
Indeed, MARCA suggest that seeing the Frenchman at some point in the match on Saturday evening against Alaves isn’t beyond the realms of possibility.
The reception that he receives at Camp Nou will be an interesting one, given that he has yet to commit to a new contract and Sport, cited by talkSPORT, have noted that Newcastle United are dangling an incredibly lucrative deal in front of him.
With Xavi Hernandez having agreed to become the new Barcelona manager according to The Guardian, there’s a possibility that the wide man’s days at numbered at the club in any event.
Our guy Greyson Dettoni was in the starting lineup for the Bayern Munich U-17 squad, who picked up a 1-0 victory over Eintracht Frankfurt:
Jurgen Klopp is reportedly interested in bringing in Real Madrid striker Luka Jovic:
Liverpool is still working on planning their squad for the upcoming European football season, bearing in mind that they have to upgrade their squad to stay in the Premier League title fight and remain a serious candidate to win the UEFA Champions League. League.
One of the positions that the net wants to reinforce is that of center forward because he does not have a more dominant profile in the area that can offer more solutions to Jurgen Klopp in difficult games.
One of the names that Liverpool closely follows to reinforce the lead is Luka Jovic, who is in a difficult situation at Real Madrid and intends to leave the merengue club to seek more opportunities at another club. A market opportunity that the whole network knows how to take advantage of in the best way.