Bayern Munich will square off against Borussia Mönchengladbach in the DFB-Pokal and it would have been too easy to just have a normal session prior to the match.
Let’s play a little of “The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly” to sum up today’s events on Säbener Strasse (per Bild as captured by Twitter account @iMiaSanMia):
- Joshua Kimmich and Robert Lewandowski put in an extra 30 minutes of practice time working on free kicks. Nice work, boys!
- Lucas Hernandez completed the training session today despite battling a calf problem. Hernandez also did not report to jail yet, so there is that as well.
- Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting ended his training session 10 minutes early and left the grounds with team doctor Peter Ueblacker for testing.
- Michael Cuisance and Marc Roca did not practice with the squad today. In place of the actual practice, the duo ran sprints for fitness trainer Thomas Wilhelmi. That, uh, can’t really be a promising sign for the hard-luck midfielders.
- If Cuisance puts out a hype video of him running to the “Chariots of Fire” song, he will go down as a Hall of Fame troll.