The DFB Pokal is back, and Bayern Munich have a nightmare opponent in store. For the third time this season, Julian Nagelsmann must face Adi Hutter’s Borussia Monchengladbach — a team which he has yet to beat in any meaningful way. Foals keeper Yann Sommer has been the bane of Bayern’s attackers for many years now, and he along with the rest of their team will be looking to knock the Bavarians out of the 2nd Round of the Pokal for the second year in a row.
Here are our talking points ahead of the game:
- Our general thoughts on the matchup.
- A rundown of Gladbach’s form, including the tactical failings of coach Adi Hutter.
- Why Yann Sommer still scares us.
- The specific ways in which BMG can hurt Bayern Munich.
- Will Gladbach target Alphonso Davies again?
- Explaining why Gladbach vs Bayern is like a Togekiss vs a Garchomp (Nintendo please don’t sue us).
- What is going on with Florian Neuhaus?
- Which Gladbach player do we want to see at Bayern (not Neuhaus).
- A scoreline prediction for the game.
As always, we love your feedback and appreciate all the support!
Be sure to stay tuned to Bavarian Podcast Works for all of your up to date coverage on Bayern Munich and Germany. Follow us on Twitter @BavarianFBWorks, @jeffersonfenner, @TheBarrelBlog, @tommyadams71, @bfwinnn, and more.