Bayern Munich kept rolling and battered Hoffenheim 4-0 in a complete effort. No Julian Nagelsmann, no problem apparently. Here are some quick hitters on the match:
- Bayern Munich continues to be a juggernaut. My guy Phillip Quinn compiled these numbers on just how good the Bavarians have been: 12 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss, 60 goals scored, 9 goals conceded.
- Bayern Munich’s starting XI was interesting and it worked. Omar Richards got extensive playing time for really the first in a real game and made the most of his opportunity.
- Jamal Musiala got a start and so did Marcel Sabitzer. Musiala was very good (as usual) playing in a roaming role. Musiala had an assist on Serge Gnabry’s goal in the 16th minute.
- Sabitzer, meanwhile, had his best game as a Bayern Munich and is starting to look a little more comfortable in his new surroundings.
- It was Robert Lewandowski’s goal, however, that stole the show. Thomas Müller used every bit of his experience and guile to keep Chris Richards from taking the ball and pushed a pass to Lewandowski, who unleashed an absolute rocket:
- Subs Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting and Kingsley Coman finished off the scoring. Dayot Upamecano was credited with assist on both, though his assist on Choupo’s goal was more lucky than skill (as it deflected off of his body).
- Bayern Munich’s pressing was a big factor in the win as the Bavarians were buzzing all over Hoffenheim. TSG1899 just had nothing to offer in terms of warding off Bayern Munich.
- I like Jacob Bruun Larsen, Florian Grillitsch, and Chris Richards, but Bayern Munich was just overwhelming on the day. Oliver Baumann was good in the loss for Die Kraichgauer, but spent most of the match under duress.
- Overall, it was just another excellent effort for Bayern Munich.
Borussia Dortmund is thinking about bringing former Eintracht Frankfurt striker Sebastien Haller back to the Bundesliga. Haller, who left Die Adler in favor of West Ham United back in 2019, is now with Ajax and looking like a potential replacement for Erling Haaland next season:
Sebastien Haller is being one of the fittest forwards in all of Europe at this start of the season as he is being devastating in the attack of Ajax Amsterdam, this has made several big clubs look at him again to reinforce their respective squads.
One of the clubs that has shown the most interest in him has been Borussia Dortmund, who are already looking for alternatives in case Erling Haaland finally ends up leaving the club in the next summer market.
As ‘Calciomercato’ says, the French-Ivorian footballer is on the agenda of the German team since they are aware that he can be a footballer who can make Haaland forget in the event that the Norwegian leaves since he is a forward with a lot of goal that has undergone a huge change at Ajax compared to the performance it had at West Ham United seasons ago. Let’s remember that Haller already played in the Bundesliga and since he was in the ranks of Eintracht Frankfurt two seasons in which he swelled to score goals, Borussia has him in high regard.
I always love the Mainz 05 Carnival kits:
Mainz carnival kit on pitch.— Phil Delves (@phildelves) February 8, 2019
Big fan of those socks. pic.twitter.com/pDZBEWFhst
RIs planning a multi-player haul this summer? If one report is to be believed, Real Madrid is eyeing up a summer haul that could include the acquisitions of Haaland, Paris Saint-Germain star Kylian Mbappe, and Liverpool’s Mo Salah:
Its Catalan arch-rival FC Barcelona is staggering in La Liga — and in the Champions League — both athletically and financially. Word got around not only to Madrid, but also to FC Bayern. The “royal” now apparently want to use the competitive advantage and use a transfer to present it to their city rivals Atlético Madrid.
There would be no other explanation for such a sweeping attack, as sketched in the English media reports. One after the other : The focus should be on Kylian Mbappé (PSG) and the ubiquitous Erling Haaland (Borussia Dortmund) . Both should move to the Spanish capital according to the ideas of the Madrilenians. How many hundreds of millions of euros this will cost in terms of transfer fees, player salaries and bonuses for consultants can hardly be imagined by a normal citizen.
Not to be forgotten: Mohamed “Mo” Salah, superstar under Jürgen Klopp at Liverpool FC, will also come along.
Real Madrid would be seeking to fund this massive set of moves by using a free transfer of Mbappe and selling Eden Hazard.
Another week is in the books and Bayern Munich made it exciting as always.
The Bavarians crushed both Bayer Leverkusen (Bundesliga) and Benfica (Champions League), lost Alphonso Davies to a minor injury, saw Leon Goretzka get sick, and found out Julian Nagelsmann tested positive for COVID-19. So, yeah, some things definitely went down.
Here is what we have on tap for this episode:
- A quick recap of the Leverkusen and Benfica matches — and what it all means.
- The transfer rumors linking Chelsea FC’s Antonio Rüdiger and Fiorentina’s Dusan Vlahovic to Bayern Munich.
- A glance at Robert Lewandowski’s future.
- A quick look at the upcoming slate of games that Bayern Munich will face — potentially without Julian Nagelsmann.
If you missed this bizarre Galatasaray graphic, you need to see it:
PHOTO — Squad of Bayern Munich displayed as Galatasaray's in error – with coach Fatih Terim's name intact – before Lions' UEFA Europa League clash against Locomotiv Moscow#FCLMvGS #UEL pic.twitter.com/04CFoBqDpz— DAILY SABAH (@DailySabah) October 21, 2021
FC Barcelona might not have the same lofty goals for its summer transfer window as Real Madrid. In fact, Barca might be shooting for an acquisition of Manchester United midfielder Nemanja Matic:
FC Barcelona apparently has its eye on Manchester United’s Nemanja Matic. The 33-year-old is very popular with the Catalans and could inherit midfield stars Sergi Roberto and Sergio Busquets, whose contracts will expire in the summer of 2022 and 2023 respectively.
As the Sun reported, Barca officials hope to be able to sign the veteran for almost eleven million euros after his contract with Manchester expires in June 2023. If the Serb does not extend this, the club could at least collect a small transfer in this way.
At Man United, Matic has so far earned around 166,000 euros per week - a bargain compared to the 241,000 that Sergio Busquets is currently collecting from the troubled top club from Spain.
After three successful years, the defensive all-rounder is only a supplementary player this season and is struggling to get playing time in the top-class midfield of the Red Devils. In total, the Nemanja Matic has 165 games across all competitions for the English record champions.