After the 4-0 win over Benfica in midweek, Bayern Munich are (figuratively) top of the world. Therefore, as is the way of the world, Hoffenheim are lurking just around the corner to bring the Bavarians crashing back down to earth. This is par for the course for the Sinsheim based club, who have been a thorn in Bayern’s side ever since Julian Nagelsmann saved them from relegation all those years ago. In a way, Nagelsmann must face the monster he created — and he has to do it from quarantine, as he tested positive for Covid-19.
Here are our talking points ahead of the game:
- How Bayern loanee Chris Richards stands to make an impression on the club bosses in this game.
- Tactical considerations for the lineup with Julian Nagelsmann set to miss the game.
- How the XI could look like, from the defense moving forward. Could Alphonso Davies and Leon Goretzka start?
- Why it’s high time for the coach to start Jamal Musiala and give Leroy Sane some rest.
- Some final thoughts on what we want to see from the game.
As always, we love your feedback and appreciate all the support!
Be sure to stay tuned to Bavarian Podcast Works for all of your up to date coverage on Bayern Munich and Germany. Follow us on Twitter @BavarianFBWorks, @jeffersonfenner, @TheBarrelBlog, @tommyadams71, @bfwinnn, and more.