Sport Bild’s print edition (also available on Bild+) issued a report that some might consider worrisome, while others would consider it hogwash: Bayern Munich star striker Robert Lewandowski is...(gasp!)...frustrated.
In the days before he left to report to Poland, Sport Bild journalists Tobias Altschäffl and Christian Falk noted that the Polish Hitman looked as if something was “weighing on him” and “as if something were bothering him.”
But what, you ask? Did someone make him eat dinner before dessert?
No — it’s not that bad.
Here are the details and you can be the judge of whether or not you think there is a problem with Lewandowski or if this is just a blip on the FC Hollywood radar. Per Sport Bild there were “several reasons”:
- Lewandowski was not happy with his scoring streak ending at the hands of Greuther Fürth. Apparently his mood was so bitter that Julian Nagelsmann tried to console him on the field after the game.
- Lewandowski’s teammates noticed the goalless game was “gnawing” away at him.
- Lewandowski’s unhappiness — allegedly — caused him to skip a team night out organized by Manuel Neuer.
- Lewandowski is said to have recently complained internally that he “was not involved enough.”
- Lewandowski has become annoyed at the rumors linking Bayern Munich to Borussia Dortmund star Erling Haaland and even Red Bull Salzburg’s Karim Adeyemi.
While it certainly reads as (at least somewhat) plausible given that Lewandowski is extremely goal hungry, driven, and in need of a contract extension, the seriousness or severity of Lewandowski’s frustration is open for debate.