Germany have done quite well so far, and are carrying the momentum from their victory against Romania into the game against North Macedonia. Coach Hansi Flick will undoubtedly have several selection headaches, and the defense would be one area he’d want to get right. Meanwhile, Upamecano and Pavard haven’t really been having a good time with both France and Bayern Munich. Will they be able to turn the tide and start performing consistently at the top level? Remains to be seen.
When Bayern and the Bundesliga are involved, there’s always so much to talk about, which is why in this pod, we’ll also be looking at the forms of other BuLi clubs. We obviously won’t tell you about everything here, because we’d like you to listen and hear for yourself! But here’s a synopsis of what we covered in the pod:
- Talking about the form of Leverkusen and Freiburg in the Bundesliga.
- Germany’s situation in defense; Bayern’s situation in defense.
- Nagelsmann’s lack of rotation.
- Why Timo Werner should not be starting for Germany.
- Free transfers and why Bayern should stop doing this.
- Newcastle and the Sheikh takeover... The EPL is the new power state battleground — amirite?
- Sneaking in some Arsenal banter in the end.
As always, thanks for your support and let us know what you think!
Be sure to stay tuned to Bavarian Podcast Works for all of your up to date coverage on Bayern Munich and Germany. Follow us on Twitter @BavarianFBWorks, @jeffersonfenner, @TheBarrelBlog, @tommyadams71, @bfwinnn, and more.